How will you flavor everyday life
Inventory Control AnalystApply Now Job ID 16009111 Date posted 01/13/2017
The Inventory Control function of Nestle USA directly manages inventory moves for all finished goods in the physical logistics network for all divisions, brands, and temperature types. The scope of responsibility begins at production declaration (including Co-Manufacturing) and ends at successful shipment / invoice creation. This includes all inventory located in company owned or 3PL warehouses as well as in transit inventory including inventory on DSD Route Trucks including pallet platforms such as CHEP. The group interfaces continuously to provide insight with several functions throughout the value chain including: Deployment, Transportation, Physical Logistics, Customer Service, Field Sales, Co Manufacturing and Finance.
The Inventory Control Analyst reports to an Inventory Supervisor. Inventory Control Analyst assumes lead responsibility for ensuring inventory accuracy at assigned 3rd party warehouses/co-manufacturers to include; inventory reconciliation, timely reporting of information, working in collaboration with cross functional internal and external teams to resolve issues and identify process improvements. Individual will work in a dynamic environment where continuous improvement is expected. The Inventory Control Analysts are subject matter experts and supports the Inventory Control Coordinators by being a critical point of escalation to solve problems that arise. Strong, positive, collaborative communication skills, proven team focus and the ability to be fact based, results focused, with minimal supervision are required.
This role also pushes the company to become more efficient and effective with inventory management. Developing and reporting KPI’s to upper management is critical for success as you work closely with other functions within the organization to ensure we are managing to the lowest total delivered inventory cost to Nestle.
1. Act as lead over assigned division, sites, or functional responsibility
2. Assist in cross-training of existing team of Inventory Control Coordinators and training of new hires to ensure internal alignment with EDI/Nestlé requirements.
3. Act as Subject Matter Experts and collaboratively assist in resolving issues as they arise.
4. Act as a critical escalation point for inventory control coordinators, guide, coach, and train coordinators to resolve problems in line with the Nestle Leadership Framework.
5. Ensure that the daily urgent issues (e.g., urgent GIs, i-docs, etc.) are resolved within the expected timeline.
6. Effective and timely communication and escalation of any potential concerns and divisional challenges to Management and Project Manager/BPL.
7. Process daily transactions for assigned locations.
8. Ad Hoc Analysis and Issue Resolution
9. Monitor/reconcile the daily sync report for division 3P sites
10. Act as back-up to all sites as needed.
11. Lead/provide support in conducting 3rd party physical inventories as required.
12. Lead implementations in conjunction with the PM, of new co-manufacturers and/or new warehouses and ensures that new sites comply with Nestlé reporting requirements and IC standards.
13. Develop value-added reporting to drive inventory accountability to the appropriate levels in the organization.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in pertinent field required
• Finance / Accounting experience strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years related work experience / inventory control preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• In-depth knowledge of inventory control practices and systems. Ability to develop and document complex processes and controls
• Ability to analyze complex data, generate insights and communicate effectively to management
• Exceptional demonstrated problem solving skills, must be able to effectively present information and analysis in a way that can be understood by others at all levels.
• Demonstrated evidence of a strong team player who is able to build key relationships with team members across multiple functions/levels throughout the organization and influence the broader organization
• Project Management Experience
• Ability to ensure successful delivery of identified cost savings
• Advanced proficiency with Excel including Pivot Tables, External Data Pulls, and Charts Etc.
• Proficiency SAP, BW, Expert level knowledge on SAP inventory transactions.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a broader team. Strong ability to work across functions and divisions to deliver results.
• Ability to work in a complex ambiguous environment under high pressure
• Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to Travel and work beyond regular scheduled hours as required.
Nestle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment. All candidates must apply online at Nestleusacareers.com
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
We’re leaving our mark on nutrition, health and wellness with locations from coast to coast.
Check out our corporate, manufacturing, sales and distribution center locations across the U.S.