How will you flavor everyday life
Finance Manager (Warehouse Operations)Apply Now Job ID 17000359 Date posted 02/08/2017
Foods people love. The life beyond what you imagined. And the city that rocks.
When you partner Nestlé USA and Northeast Ohio, the result is a rich experience that offers you a fulfilling personal and professional life.
Did you know that the Cleveland metropolitan area is consistently ranked as one of the most affordable and livable regions in the US? From its diverse communities to its endless arts, entertainment and sports experiences, Cleveland continues to rock.
At our Nestlé USA Cleveland campus, located in the Solon suburb of Cleveland, you will discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Offering you a strong culture with competitive benefits, you will have limitless opportunities to learn, and advance your career. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
We are currently seeking a Finance Manager, Warehouse Operations who will act as co-pilot (lead) and integrated business partner to the Directors of Warehouse Operations and staff. This individual will provide all the financial performance data, analytics and forecasting recommendations to drive the business forward. Additionally, this role will work across functions to ensure that decisions are optimal for total Nestlé. Finally, this role is responsible for the management and development of a staff of 5-6 financial analysts/ accountants.
The Nestlé USA (NUSA) Supply Chain (SC) Warehouse team manages all warehousing operations for the ambient, chilled, frozen and frozen DSD (Direct Store Delivery) businesses within NUSA, Nestlé Nutrition (NN) & Nestlé Professional (NP). The DSD operation is the 4th largest direct store delivery system and the largest frozen DSD in the U.S. The costs associated with this operation are approximately $400 million. The warehouse operations team manages a network of 40 large distribution centers, both company owned and third party operated, as well as 350 cross-dock locations. The U.S. warehouse operation is one of the largest (in terms of geography covered, inventory stored and # of warehouses managed) and is also one of the most complex of all Nestlé markets.
• Provide timely and accurate management reporting of actual performance versus plan, forecast, and historical trends
• Providing thorough, well-researched explanations of variances compared to plan, forecast & history, highlighting risks and opportunities to the plan and forecast based on current trends & anticipated changes in the network
• Provide analytics of risks & opportunities to the plan, latest forecast and targets, including the operational drivers of positive & negative variations
• Proactively engage the warehouse operations team on initiatives to improve operating results or to close gaps in performance to plan or target
• Proactively manage and track performance and compliance to SLA of 3PL Distribution Partners; partner with Procurement and Operations to manage 3PL cost structure while delivering service
• Work with the Finance Director & warehouse operations team to proactively drive Supply Chain strategy formulation; provide financial guidance and analysis on strategic initiatives
• Manage month end close processes for areas of responsibility
• Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators
• Provide analysis and insights on savings initiatives and capital projects, including post-audits of capital expenditures
• Support the capital budget process for the warehouse operations, including discounted cash flow analyses to support productivity initiatives
• Improve and expand current financial models and ad hoc analyses to support strategic initiatives
• Lead the financial planning and forecasting process for the Warehouse Operations budget
• Drive continuous process improvements in reporting, forecasting and budgeting activities through automation, consolidation, and quality improvements
• Develop and drive best practices for business analysis tools to ensure consistent data usage and interpretation
• Create management presentations for business partners that justify, validate, and measure investments for their related business purposes
• Maintain effective controls, processes and procedures to ensure audit compliance. Partner with auditors to conduct thorough, transparent audits
• Bachelors Degree in Business with concentration in Accounting or Finance (MBA Preferred)
• 5-7 years of industry experience across supply chain/logistics operations
• 5-7 years accounting or related financial analysis experience
• Proficient in key software and systems (GLOBE SAP, Essbase, MS Excel)
• Position requires approximately 10-20% travel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Excellent verbal and written presentation skills with the proven ability to communicate to an audience ranging from peers to senior leaders.
• Ability to effectively communicate financial concepts and information to non-financial personnel
• Commitment to developing direct reports and creating opportunities for exposure to the broader organization
• Willingness and ability to travel as needed (up to ~25%)
• Ability to successfully work both independently and as part of a team; able to build key relationships with across multiple functions.
• Unwavering integrity and courage to advocate for the correct position.
• Ability to understand the balance between various OMP priorities required to deliver business goals
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including deadline-sensitive priorities.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of Nestlé Accounting Standards.
• Understanding of financial statement relationships (P&L, Balance Sheet, Statement of Cash Flows).
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills are required.
• Advanced computer based analytical skills utilizing the Microsoft suite of products and SAP/BW
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Willingness and metal agility to learn in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Nestle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment. All candidates must apply online at Nestleusacareers.com
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
We’re leaving our mark on nutrition, health and wellness with locations from coast to coast.
Check out our corporate, manufacturing, sales and distribution center locations across the U.S.