How will you satisfy your ambition?
Few companies anywhere can offer the range of professional opportunities - or the room for advancement and growth - you'll find at Nestlé USA. See how far you can go in your career. Explore our opportunities and join us.
Demand Management SpecialistApply Now Job ID 17000904 Date posted 02/03/2017
The Demand Management Specialist (DMS) team owns a critical step in the Order Fulfilment process by ensuring the proper and timely creation of delivery notes for sales orders. The DMS has responsibility for resolving exceptions when stock is in limited supply. DMS will assign inventory to sales orders based on business rules and customer prioritization provided by the Planning team and which reflects the commercial strategies.
• Review available stock (within ATP scope of check) against sales orders (within ATP horizon) and allocate stock to sales orders based on business rules and customer priorities;
• During stock shortages and product transitions, apply product allocations, reservations, and replacements to resolve inventory exceptions and minimize shortages;
• Drop delivery notes to warehouses once inventory exceptions are resolved.
• As needed during holidays and other seasonal peaks, adjust the delivery note window in order to maintain DC workload.
• Leverage SAP GLOBE functionality to drive continuous improvements to “low touch” delivery notes for sales orders.
• Communicate supply issues to Customer Service to enable replacement/backorders that are aligned with projected back in stock dates (as advised by the Planning team).
• Undergraduate Degree preferred
• Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word) preferred.
• Proficiency in SAP, BW, and Business Objects preferred.
• APICS Certification (or progress toward certification) preferred.
• Previous Supply Chain Experience preferred (e.g. distribution, inventory management, deployment, production planning, order management, supply planning, transportation, etc.).
• Self and team motivator who can drive for resolution of problems. Strong and creative problem-solving skills.
• Able to prioritize and juggle multiple demands. Manages time well. Works well in high-pressure environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong project management and demonstrated leadership skills.
• Strong analytical aptitude with a proven ability to analyze/interpret data.
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
We’re leaving our mark on nutrition, health and wellness with locations from coast to coast.
Check out our corporate, manufacturing, sales and distribution center locations across the U.S.