How will you create memories that last?
Our Frontline employees play an important role in creating and delivering the food and beverage brands that help people everywhere, every day. And working for Nestlé USA means being part of a stable, successful company that makes some of the best-known and most-loved brands in the world. If you always take pride in doing a good job, join our collaborative team.
Mechanic MaintenanceApply Now Job ID 16003162 Date posted 05/18/2016
POSITION SUMMARY: Overall plant maintenance and installations.
The Watch Engineer, under the direction of the Lead Engineer, will provide for the operation, care and maintenance of all steam, electrical, refrigeration and mechanical equipment in the plant.
Employee shall follow Modesto Factory safety & environmental objectives & targets, follow the plant safety rules, report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately, maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
• Provides maintenance to all plant processing and packaging equipment, plant utilities, and building and grounds, which include boilers, refrigeration, coolers, HVAC, air compressors, fire suppression system, electrical/pneumatic controls and switch gear, water system and sewer, vehicles and fork lifts.
• Provides technical knowledge and expertise to troubleshoot and solve problems of mechanical, electrical or pneumatic/hydraulic nature.
• Responsible for the completion of a daily work report which describes the activities of the work performed.
• Ensures that any parts which are used from the store room are recorded on the inventory sheets.
• When requested for capital or special projects, follow through with the requesting of materials needed for the job. Installation and/or removal of equipment and utilities required for the project, and the fabrication of any required parts.
• Follow Modesto Factory safety & environmental objectives & targets, follow the plant safety rules, report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately, maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
• Complete SAP transactions as necessary
General Expectations: Employee must come to work promptly and regularly, work under the supervision of others, at times under stressful conditions, work within deadlines, and be able to work professionally with others at all times and in all situations.
High School graduate
Should possess 1-5 years experience in the plant maintenance field. Should be familiar with each of the following: boilers, air compressors, refrigeration, plumbing, welding, machine skills, carpentry, electrical/electronics (including plc’s), pneumatics, hydraulics, heating, cooling, packaging and manufacturing equipment
SKILLS: Analytical and Problem Solving, Communication, Team-working.
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
We’re leaving our mark on nutrition, health and wellness with locations from coast to coast.
Check out our corporate, manufacturing, sales and distribution center locations across the U.S.