How will you satisfy your ambition?
Few companies anywhere can offer the range of professional opportunities - or the room for advancement and growth - you'll find at Nestlé USA. See how far you can go in your career. Explore our opportunities and join us.
Generalist HRApply Now Job ID 17001246 Date posted 02/14/2017
Accountable for providing HR support to all salaried and hourly employees and management through effective communication and administration across all functions of the facility. Under the direction of the HR Manager, the HR Generalist oversees recruitment, employee development, employee relations/labor relations, policy/contract interpretation, compensation administration and legal compliance.
HR Execution: Provide flawless execution of the People strategy processes that attract, train, and retain employees to support the organization's short and long term business needs. Support Nestlé initiatives such as the Nestlé Management and Leadership Principles and the NUSA HR Market Business Strategy. Execute workforce planning processes for the organization such as recruitment, talent development, succession planning, and realignments/restructures. Ensure the culture & working environment is open, empowering, fair and equitable.
Delivery of HR services: Execute HR Service delivery through HR Specialty areas and NBS HR Service delivery streams. Ensure all service levels are met/exceeded. Examples: Training: Organize and implement training/development programs that meet the goals and objectives of the team/individual. Recruiting: Define candidate profiles to ensure the right talent is selected to align with business requirements. Compensation: Ensure pay for performance philosophy and maintenance of equitable compensation of employees' based on incumbent and market data.
Performance & Talent Management: Utilize the performance, talent and succession planning management systems to help drive the achievement of company goals through objective and development plan setting, performance calibration, and talent development. Communicate to People Managers (and drives usage of ) all tools available that will assist individual and team performance improvement at all levels. Provide counsel and guidance to Leadership on all people management and development issues.
Employee / Labor Relations: Establish and Maintain effective “win – win” working relationships with (and between) managers, employees and the union (where applicable). Maintain relationships with employees at all levels of the organization. Promote and foster an environment of open communication and honest, candid feedback. Handle investigations when required.
NCE / TPM: Support NCE / TPM initiative by providing tools, techniques and resources to align NCE / TPM goals between business and operations, drive employee engagement, and improve plant performance. Also support plant safety focus by driving people related safety goals and initiatives.
In this position, you will have the ability to lead a broad array of HR initiatives in a highly challenging and rewarding environment where you will play a significant role in impacting our factories and people strategy. This is a role where your contributions will be noticed and you will be able to make a real difference within our organization. You will be able to contribute and grow with Nestle USA by establishing and implementing best practices in the areas ____________.
This is a great opportunity to learn and contribute to a Nestle USA’s standards and practices and work alongside an array of iconic brands such as _____________.
Duties & Key Responsibilities:
General HR Support
- Provide support to employees and managers in the handling of all human resource related activities which may include: employee relations, fielding employee questions or concerns, communication and the interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Supports and serves as a liaison between employees and management
- Provide counsel to employees and management to maintain a productive and positive work environment, including development planning, coaching, etc.
- Advise managers on salary offers and equity increases (Cornerstone Evaluation).
- Partner with HR Specialty groups to effectively manage: employee Leave of Absences, Short-Term Disability, FMLA requests, Workers Compensation issues, OSHA requirements, Relocation, PTO issues, and unemployment claims.
- Coordinate workers compensation program, includes issues relating to modified duty/early return to work, ADA and litigation
- Assist in the recruitment efforts and new hire and transfer processes including but not limited to: coordination of openings, development of job descriptions, diversity recruitment strategies, interview candidates, job offer recommendations and offer letters, write announcements, and act as liaison with the hiring manager and the recruiting team.
- Conduct employee investigations as needed and ensure timely and responsible resolutions.
- Consult with appropriate legal counsel as needed.
- Consult with and advise management to maximize employee productivity through swift and timely resolution
- Resolve employee performance issues to ensure appropriate corrective action steps are taken, including coaching, verbal / written warnings (corrective action), Performance Improvement Plans.
- Ensure all associates and managers are properly trained to use tools and resources for effective performance and development evaluations (PDGs) and merit and compensation reviews.
- Provide counsel and support to managers for performance development and improvement. Provide and track compliance of required training including conducting New Employee Orientation, New Manager Orientation, Harassment Awareness and other related compliance training, leadership and management courses, etc. as needed.
Monitor all EEO compliance and Affirmative Action programs including drafting annual AAP.
Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources matters.
• Partner with internal Compliance team to participate in audits conducted by state or federal agencies such as the OFCCP.
Monitor and provide feedback regarding the use of policies and procedures and propose / draft policies / updates as needed.
REQUIREMENTS, MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL, AND EXPERIENCE:
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
We’re leaving our mark on nutrition, health and wellness with locations from coast to coast.
Check out our corporate, manufacturing, sales and distribution center locations across the U.S.