How will you satisfy your ambition?
Few companies anywhere can offer the range of professional opportunities - or the room for advancement and growth - you'll find at Nestlé USA. See how far you can go in your career. Explore our opportunities and join us.
Technical Business Analyst, Trade AnalyticsApply Now Job ID 16005046 Date posted 08/12/2016
This position is responsible for working with key business users and team members to maintain and enhance the business intelligence solution at Nestlé USA (NUSA). This position identifies user requirements, assesses available technologies, and recommends solutions related to reporting. In addition, the incumbent assists with the project management, testing, and support activities related to the implementation of the local BW (NUSA) and/or the global BW (AMS) reporting solution.
The individual occupying this position also works with BW developers to customize the Trade systems functionality for new and existing system deployments. They also provide functional and technical support in resolving identified application issues and problems. In addition, the incumbent collaborates with developers and project managers to ensure that the system delivers the functionality specified.
Report writing in Web Intelligence or other Business Objects expertise is required. The incumbent will be expected to regularly collaborate with other team members so that project deadlines are met. This position requires excellent communications skills and accountability for the quality of efforts and deliverables.
• Participate and/or lead business intelligence (BI) projects. Work with key business users and decision support team to design and implement solutions that meet the business reporting requirements
• Develop and review functional specifications based on business requirements/enhancements, ensuring Nestlé standards are maintained in all design and development activities.
• Participate in/coordinate functional, integration, regression and user acceptance tests for reporting solutions.
• Conduct in-depth research to resolve system and/or business issues found by report users and/or the internal decision support team
• Manage the utilization of existing business intelligence reporting tools (i.e. BusinessObjects, Web Intelligence and )
• Create standard and complex reports to the business community when required.
• Deliver end user training for existing/new reporting solutions.
• Coordinate & conduct work sessions on current issues to various end user groups and management
• Manage communication process to end users
• Additional responsibilities as identified or needed
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in related business process analysis role in a large, complex corporation
• Experience with translation of business requirements to information technology involving extremely complex systems and large volumes of data
• Experience with Business Objects reporting tools
• Strong track-record for delivering results in a highly matrixed and complex corporate environment
• Strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills are required
• Ability to work independently and with others to conceptualize and formulate solutions utilizing new and evolving technologies
• Ability to put together large sets of data for reconciliation and analysis purposes
• Proven track record in projects and the delivery of high quality work
• Ability to make effective process design decisions with the appropriate level of information and ability to formulate appropriate questions in order to gather information
• Must be tenacious, have a ‘can-do’ attitude and drive for results
• Possess effective written, verbal and graphical communications skills, inter-personal and leadership skills
• Project experience and familiarity with system development life cycle disciplines, specifically with gathering report requirements
• Must have the ability to work well under pressure, to communicate and work effectively with team members, users and support areas and to manage many activities at once
• Expert on business intelligence technologies and methodologies
• BusinessObjects and/or BW BEx Analyzer reporting experience
• Existing understanding of the Nestlé USA functional processes, such as Finance, Transportation, Trade, Supply Chain, or Demand Planning is preferred; Nestlé cross-functional experience is highly desired
• Computer Skills:
Application Proficiency Level
SAP BEx Analyzer Advanced
SAP Business Warehouse (BW) Intermediate
Relational Database / SQL Basic
Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access) Intermediate
SAP R/3 (i.e. SD, MM, FI, APO) Preferred
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
We’re leaving our mark on nutrition, health and wellness with locations from coast to coast.
Check out our corporate, manufacturing, sales and distribution center locations across the U.S.