How will you satisfy your ambition?
Few companies anywhere can offer the range of professional opportunities - or the room for advancement and growth - you'll find at Nestlé USA. See how far you can go in your career. Explore our opportunities and join us.
Systems Analyst, Business Objects DeveloperApply Now Job ID 16005042 Date posted 08/12/2016
BusinessObjects is a reporting application widely used in Nestlé USA business areas including sales, trade, customer service, logistics, and finance. This position will play a key role between the technical (LGO) reporting team, business areas, and Nestlé technology teams to enhance the reporting experience for users.
The incumbent will develop, monitor, and support dashboards in BusinessObjects tools that are used throughout the Nestlé USA organization. The incumbent will also support performance and tuning of reports and dashboards.
• Deploy advanced business intelligence solutions for management reporting, business data analysis, and mobile device report delivery
• Implement and support BusinessObjects technical architecture for robust and scalable reporting.
• Build intuitive visualization dashboards and analytic reports through easy to use portals and mobile devices to increase the analytical competency
• Implement and support visualization tools to support
• Define and document visualization functional requirements with other partner groups to understand requirement needs
• Design front-end solutions to improve, streamline, and enhance decision making
• Develop optimal report and visualization design (to include performance)
• Play liaison role between Nestlé USA technical support teams and BusinessObjects implementation support
• Analyze data model and reporting requirements to develop universe semantic layer to enable end user reporting
• Facilitate discussions between NUSA technical reporting team (LGO) and global Decision support teams for deployment
• Define security models and user profiles
• Implement dashboards such as Design Studio, Xcelsius and other technology
• Provide front end visualization and report modifications, including partnering with backend development team when needed
• Production support for the BusinessObjects application and daily administration activities
• Additional responsibilities as identified or needed
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 3 years of relevant and related systems experience
• Strong track-record for delivering results in a highly matrixed and complex corporate environment
• Strong analytical skills in problem solving, troubleshooting, and issue resolution
• Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) across multiple teams, facilitate meetings, and coordinate activities
• Required strong experience in developing BusinessObjects tools
• Experience with web applications and Internet servers using Microsoft.
• Knowledge in working on Windows Server environment, installing applications, troubleshooting, scheduling scripts, and server administration
• Knowledge of database models, SQL query, and data analysis
• Familiar with Nestlé technology support structure and SNOW workstations preferred
• Familiar with Nestlé business, report creation, and data analysis preferred
• Computer Skills:
Application Proficiency Level
Business Objects Advanced
SAP BEx Analyzer Advanced
SAP Business Warehouse (BW) Intermediate
Relational Database / SQL Basic
Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Access) Intermediate
SAP R/3 (i.e. SD, MM, FI, APO) Preferred
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
We’re leaving our mark on nutrition, health and wellness with locations from coast to coast.
Check out our corporate, manufacturing, sales and distribution center locations across the U.S.