How will you feed your success?
Nourish your future at Nestlé USA. When you join us, you'll work on meaningful projects that touch millions of lives. With the brands you know—and the opportunities that only a global leader can provide—your education and passion will take on real-world significance.
We'll give you opportunities to take on new and exciting challenges—and the tools and support to grow. Join us at Nestlé, and start building your career.
Operations Management Training Internship Program – Summer 2017Apply Now Job ID 17000192 Date posted 01/09/2017
This program provides the opportunity for selected college students who have a strong desire to work in a manufacturing environment to gain real world experience and an understanding of the role of Technical & Production at Nestlé. Designed with the full support of executive leadership, this internship will allow interns to be involved in leading substantial projects from start to finish that deliver results on key business opportunities. At the conclusion of the internship, interns will have the opportunity to present their project findings and recommendations to leadership within the factory.
- Production: Evaluate data and determine primary cause of minor stoppages on product lines. Work with factory line teams to implement solutions and reduce stoppages by 25% by creating action items based off of root causes.
- Engineering: Effectuate a successful Kaizen event by organizing factory employees to identify 8 high priority utility losses in all major factory areas in order to drive goal of energy and water conservation.
- Quality: Identify and eliminate problems to reduce holds on product lines by developing and implementing an on-line sensory program, creating an on-line sensory form, working with team leads, and training all line associates.
- Internship may lead to full-time job offer in the full-time OMT Program
- Exposure to senior leadership/project presentation
- Career advancement opportunities
- Work in a dynamic and collaborative culture
- Assigned Manager, Buddy and Mentor throughout duration of internship
- Furnished subsidized housing and relocation for qualified individuals
- Work for an influential industry leader in consumer packaged goods
- Volunteer in community service opportunities with a variety of Nestle Share Valued Organizations (e.g. Feeding America, Boys and Girls Club,Keep America Beautiful and Petsforpeople.com)
- Bachelor’s degree to be completed prior to June 2018 to be eligible and able to work May-July or June-August.
- Majors in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Environmental, Biosystems, etc.), Operations Management, or other related disciplines
- Preferred 3.0 or above cumulative GPA
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Analytical skills for data tracking and results analysis
- Presentation creation and delivery skills
- Collaborative and able to work in a team environment
- Demonstrate exceptional learning capabilities
- Ability to deliver results on challenging assignments
- Available for a 12-week internship in summer 2017 (May-July or June-August)
- Willing to relocate during 12-week internship to one of Nestlé’s factories across the U.S.
- Willing to work in facilities where food products are manufactured
- Willing to work in facilities where ambient conditions may be extremely cold, wet or warm
- Sponsorship for work visas are not available for this program
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
We’re leaving our mark on nutrition, health and wellness with locations from coast to coast.
Check out our corporate, manufacturing, sales and distribution center locations across the U.S.