How will you satisfy your ambition?
Few companies anywhere can offer the range of professional opportunities - or the room for advancement and growth - you'll find at Nestlé USA. See how far you can go in your career. Explore our opportunities and join us.
Business Objects DeveloperApply Now Job ID 16005416 Date posted 08/17/2016
The HR Analytics mission is to enable NUSA to translate people-related data into insights & action and make data-driven business decisions that help the organization win through people. More specifically, the team is responsible for the development of metrics, data collection methodologies, data analysis and reporting to assist in decision making, goal setting, and evaluation of HR programs. HR Analytics serves as the liaison with the Information Systems teams (both local and regional) and Business Shared Service (NBS) groups to ensure HR-related data can be accessed easily and trusted.
This position supports the HR Analytics team and is entrusted with access to confidential personnel data.
As a member of HR Analytics, the technical contractor is responsible for:
• Design, develop and support Business Objects reports to fulfill user requirements
• Troubleshoot and raise issues to the Technical Business Analyst or the appropriate team
• Write functional specifications, develop appropriate test scenarios and scripts, analyze test results and document processes
• Collaborate with colleagues and business/functional contacts to ensure that the delivered solution matches the requirements
• Provide ongoing production support, regularly monitor and update user tickets; provide user assistance, collaborate with appropriate teams to get system fixes tested and implemented. Run Adhoc reports.
• Design, develop, test, train and implement reporting solutions based on business requirements through collaboration with the Technical Business Analyst, business users and colleagues. Document specifications of new reports and report changes.
• Support the Technical Business Analyst to validate the allocation of roles to end users, managing end-user role change requests, and ensuring new system role requirements are identified and needs are met while effectively mitigating segregation of duties conflicts.
• Play a key role in departmental projects and process improvement initiatives. Participate in the design and execution of process improvement initiatives that may involve developing new or upgrading existing technology solutions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Direct supervision given by HR Analytics Manager. Additional guidance and instruction may be given by the Technical Business Analyst, business partners, project owners/managers, and members of the HR leadership team.
Position will guide and advise business partners and peers but will not provide formal supervision.
This position is responsible for meeting agreed upon goals and achieving business objectives critical to HR Analytics achieving its objectives.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience is required.
• Solid understanding of HR including service, support and technical inquiries is preferred.
• Knowledge of SAP HR/HCM and SAP Ad-hoc-Query is preferred.
• Strong knowledge base of SAP Business Objects Webi.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working as an analyst or in a similar position in a relevant functional area.
• Minimum of 2 year of work experience using SAP Business Objects as a report developer and other SAP tools. Knowledge of data warehousing, relational database management systems (RDBMS) and database concepts.
• Previous experience with data visualization (e.g., Business Objects or SAP Lumira) is preferred.
• Experience developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems is strongly preferred.
• Web development skills are a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, including an aptitude for helping and coaching others, and the ability to work with personnel at all organizational levels.
• Strong analytical aptitude with a proven ability to analyze and interpret business requirements and translate them into functional specifications is required.
• Flexibility and adaptability to the demands and requirements of a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities; ability to work on multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
• Experience with business processes related to HR and correlating SAP modules.
• Excellent verbal and written skills, organizational and time management abilities.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft programs (Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook) and strong expertise of Excel is preferred.
• Creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to complex problems that may not have one clear answer; the ability to identify alternatives, workarounds or temporary solutions.
• The ability to challenge the status quo and recommend new methods and solutions to problems and issues.
COMPETENCIES: HIGHLY DEVELOPED
• Proactive Cooperation
• Results Focus
• Understanding the Business Environment
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
We’re leaving our mark on nutrition, health and wellness with locations from coast to coast.
Check out our corporate, manufacturing, sales and distribution center locations across the U.S.