How will you create memories that last?
Our Frontline employees play an important role in creating and delivering the food and beverage brands that help people everywhere, every day. And working for Nestlé USA means being part of a stable, successful company that makes some of the best-known and most-loved brands in the world. If you always take pride in doing a good job, join our collaborative team.
Operating EngineerApply Now Job ID 16004061 Date posted 06/07/2016
The safe and efficient operation of boiler room and refrigeration equipment. Provide support to ensure the facility with optimum supply of steam; compressed air; boiler and chilled water; and refrigeration/ammonia necessary to meet the established objectives of the business.
- Operates and maintains automatically controlled, gas fired, high pressure boilers.
- Operates and maintains ammonia refrigeration equipment including chillers, cooling towers, heat exchangers, and pumps.
- Operates and maintains air compressors and air dryers.
- Operates and maintains water softening system.
- Takes test samples and controls addition of chemicals to water systems.
- Operates and maintains auxiliary equipment such as feed water pumps.
- Maintains proper water level and required steam pressure and supplies steam to meet plant load requirements.
- Responsible for routine maintenance of pumps, valves, lines, and other utility equipment.
- Monitors fire annunciation panel and computer monitor readouts of boiler room and refrigeration building equipment.
- Performs cleaning and housekeeping assignments and any such duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Monitors and maintains all needed supplies and parts for safe and efficient operation of boiler room and auxiliary equipment.
- Monitors level of fuel oil tanks, condition of containment dyke and sump.
- Operates and maintains emergency generator, well pump, and diesel fire pump.
- Performs all record keeping duties, including data logging and filing, of boiler room equipment, maintenance procedures, ammonia compliance documentation, safety related functions and other miscellaneous events.
- Required involvement for HAZMAT and Emergency Response Team
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Perform all duties within GMP standards.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Follow Franklin Park Factory safety & environmental objectives & targets. Follow the plant safety rules. Report unsafe conditions immediately. Report incidents immediately or by the end of the shift. Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
We’re leaving our mark on nutrition, health and wellness with locations from coast to coast.
Check out our corporate, manufacturing, sales and distribution center locations across the U.S.