How will you create memories that last?
Our Frontline employees play an important role in creating and delivering the food and beverage brands that help people everywhere, every day. And working for Nestlé USA means being part of a stable, successful company that makes some of the best-known and most-loved brands in the world. If you always take pride in doing a good job, join our collaborative team.
Mechanic BApply Now Job ID 16002759 Date posted 04/22/2016
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary duties of a mechanic include but are not limited to repairing, rebuilding and maintaining production equipment. Must follow and practice all policies and procedures according to the training guide lines.
Entry Level – Maintenance Mechanic “B”
• Working knowledge of common hand tools and small power tools
• Fundamentals of packaging equipment
• Ability to follow instructions
• Ability to complete assignments as instructed
Step 1 – Maintenance Mechanic “B” : Required Knowledge:
• All Entry Level Requirements plus
• Ability to use and operate Shop drill presses and power tools excluding Machine Shop Equipment
• Ability to perform Scheduled Preventive Maintenance
• Ability to complete required preventative maintenance documentation
• Ability to perform Coder setup and program required Codes
• Ability to perform Scheduled Maintenance on all Coders
• Ability to read electrical and mechanical blue prints
• Ability to troubleshoot control wiring
• Understanding of PLC operation and parts
Step 2 – Maintenance Mechanic “B”: Required Knowledge:
• All Mechanic “B” Step 1 requirements plus
• Comprehensive knowledge of PM program
• Understand three phase wiring
• Ability to troubleshoot electric motors
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve mechanical problems
• Light Welding
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma preferred (technical degree a plus)
1-2 year related and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
Basic math and computer skills
Food manufacturing experience preferred
Must be willing to work 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift. Flexibility in days of work week required
Math: Basic math skills
Reading & Writing: Ability to read technical written material and to communicate via written material
Computer Literacy: Knowledge of navigation and inputting.
Basic Mechanical Skills
In addition to qualifications listed below, attendance, disciplinary status, communication skills, and general attitude will be considered for any advancement.
NLF COMPENTENCIES & OTHER COMPETENCIES:
1. Manage for Results
2. Make a Difference
3. Collaborate Internally
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
We’re leaving our mark on nutrition, health and wellness with locations from coast to coast.
Check out our corporate, manufacturing, sales and distribution center locations across the U.S.