Manager, Internal Communications - HRLocation: Arlington, Virginia
Job ID: 18000895
Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the culinary capital.
We are writing a new chapter in our journey; Nestlé USA is opening its new U.S. headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, directly across from Washington, D.C. As a part of this extraordinary moment, you have the opportunity to help build the Nestlé USA of today, and tomorrow.
Our new home in the D.C. area offers close proximity to world class restaurants, shopping, and museums. You are steps away from the world’s largest museum, the Smithsonian, and renowned national landmarks such as the Washington Monument.
Nestlé USA is transforming what we do, how we do it, and where we work. Now is the time to define your future, and ours, too. Find your fulfilling personal and professional life, matched with our competitive benefits, focus on innovation and limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career.
Discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
Overall, this position is responsible for effectively managing many different messages and creating easily understood communication materials for NUSA employees and HR employees.
The Communications Manager is responsible for creating, planning and executing communications for HR initiatives, working with the Chief People Officer and Senior HR Team to determine and define the needs and communication strategy to best reach the target audience. Audiences include all NUSA employees, NUSA HR employees and the NUSA Senior HR Team. The HR piece makes up the bulk of this role. This person will also provide communications support to the Chief Legal Officer and his team as needed.
This position collaborates with e-communications manager on content management of the Nestlé USA HR intranet. This person is also responsible for corporate HR communications materials being disseminated to Nestlé USA employees, and coordinating communications for various HR initiatives.
This position also provides executive communications support for the Chief People Officer.
• Define overall HR communication needs, develop detailed communication plan, and lead execution of the plan. All communications plans must be reviewed by Senior HR team and Communications Director to ensure all communication messages and vehicles are coordinated and optimized. Includes submissions to NUSA intranet and newsletters.
• Manage communications to HR community. Act as Community Master for HR site on NUSA intranet. This includes content management for the NUSA HR intranet, HR Flash, NBS-related initiatives and HR Connection. Includes communicating about Nestlé Business Excellence (NBE) changes to the HR organization.
• Provide communications expertise and execution support to departments/functions within HR for their initiatives. Examples include: Nestlé & I Survey communications; Talent Management PDP communications; HR Centers of Excellence, Corporate HR and HR Operations communications support, etc.
• Prepare communications, often with fast turnaround time, for the Chief People Officer. This includes writing, editing and producing a variety of communications for internal and external audiences.
• Provide heavy planning and communications support for National HR meeting and other HR events as they arise.
• Serve as communications point person for NUSA related to NBS employee initiatives and Total Rewards Benefits employee programs (HealthWorks, Work/life benefits).
• Provide communications support to the Chief Legal Officer and his team as needed.
• All other work as assigned.
Minimal supervision; candidate should be a self-starter, able to work independently. Work will be directed by Chief People Officer, Senior HR Team, and Director of Communications.
No direct reports.
This position can influence and improve the capabilities of the HR team to improve overall implementation success of HR initiatives across NUSA. Also impacts broad employee understanding of HR initiatives.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Bachelor’s degree in communications or other related field.
Minimum of seven years in a communications role in a company of similar or larger size, in which responsible for managing the communications for a specific function (i.e. Human Resources). Knowledge of Human Resources is a plus.
Executive leadership characteristics with regard to:
• Personal integrity
• Strategic thinking
• Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively address all levels within the organization.
• Coordinate the execution of company-wide communications and champion change.
• Create and develop innovative ways to communicate HR initiatives to employees.
• Focus on client needs with a commitment to quality and innovation.
• Effectively handles pressures and demands from multiple customers and competing priorities.
• Results oriented, team building and development.
• Ability to successfully work with diverse Senior HR team, HR clients and Legal team.
• Ability to effectively manage many different messages and create easily understood communication messages and materials for NUSA employees and HR employees.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Don't see anything of interest?
Join our Talent Community to hear from us and to be considered for future roles - even if you haven't applied!