How will you flavor everyday life
Financial Analyst (Operations Finance)Apply Now Job ID 17001243 Date posted 02/13/2017
Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the culinary capital.
We are writing a new chapter in our journey; Nestlé USA is opening its new U.S. headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, directly across from Washington, D.C. As a part of this extraordinary moment, you have the opportunity to help build the Nestlé USA of today, and tomorrow.
Our new home in the D.C. area offers close proximity to world class restaurants, shopping, and museums. You are steps away from the world’s largest museum, the Smithsonian, and renowned national landmarks such as the Washington Monument.
Nestlé USA is transforming what we do, how we do it, and where we work. Now is the time to define your future, and ours, too. Find your fulfilling personal and professional life, matched with our competitive benefits, focus on innovation and limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career.
Discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
Position is responsible for the creation of reports and analysis of cost of goods manufactured while providing insights and understanding of the impact on Cost of Goods Sold. This position will require supporting assigned Division(s) and or SBU’s while performing functional tasks across multiple Divisions and/or SBUs. This role will need to be able to communicate with multiple customers including Factory Finance, Divisional & Brand Co-Pilots (Leads) & Ops Controllers.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY OUTPUTS
Support the creation of Factory Operational Budgets and Dynamic Forecasts. Coordinate analysis and presentation of results to management in a consistent format across all factories.
o Includes providing Top Line Play Book Assumptions
o Support the creation of Revised Operating Plans
o Provide insight into the establishment of Plant Cost Savings Targets
o Support the updates to Forecasts (Risks & Opportunities) providing insights for operational cost variances and purchase price variances
• Execute the PEC process and provide critical decision support insightful reports to meet customer key requirements
o Prepare various plant operational financial performance reports supporting the analysis of factory financial performance
o Track and analyze actual cost savings performance on a monthly basis
o Review the reconciliation of Plant Variances to the Dynamic Forecast considering the contribution of Cost Savings Projects, identifying cost aggravations and one time savings
o Create baseline COGS analysis at the SKU, Pack and Brand level for assigned Division
• Baseline analysis will include Volume/Rate/Mix variance calculations
• Impact of COGS variances on SKU/Pack/Brand costs
• Provide insights / explanations to ad hoc questions
• Provide visibility of Product Related Other (PRO) Budget/DF vs Actuals to Ops Controller and Division. Requires interaction/relationship with Technical Application Group (TAG) & factories
• Provide support for sound financial justification for capital investments at the project or plant level when requested. Requires interaction/relationship with corporate engineering, corporate finance and factories.
BASIC / ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
• BA/BS with major or minor in Accounting or Finance, or BA/BS degree with coursework up to and including intermediate accounting
• Must be willing to travel 5%
• Minimum of 18 months experience in Accounting/Finance
SPECIALIZATION / EXPERTISE
• CPA, CMA/CFM preferred
• Food industry experience preferred
• Willingness to relocate for career advancement
• Familiarity with Operations Research tools and processes
BASIC / ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
• Experience with Database Management Systems
• Strong working knowledge of Excel, SQL, Essbase, MS Access
• Working knowledge of core SAP Modules (including table layouts) i.e. Materials Management, Sales & Distribution
Nestle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment. All candidates must apply online at Nestleusacareers.com
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
We’re leaving our mark on nutrition, health and wellness with locations from coast to coast.
Check out our corporate, manufacturing, sales and distribution center locations across the U.S.