Executive Assistant-MarketingLocation: Arlington, Virginia
Job ID: 17005235
Under direction, is responsible for advanced secretarial, administrative and confidential assignments for the Chief Marketing Officer Handles issues and activities on own initiative in support of the CMO as appropriate, exercising independent judgment and discretion.
- Organizes executive’s time, taking into consideration priorities, available time, and other variables. Manages executive’s calendar, proactively addressing scheduling conflicts, sets and maintains schedule of appointments and meetings. Keeps executive “on schedule.”
- Makes all arrangements for travel and conferences.
- Prepare itinerary, secure hotel/transportation and pertinent flight info.
- Responsible for daily office operations: opens, sorts, and distributes incoming mail, answers, screens, delegates, and handles incoming phone calls; maintains office efficiency and handles unforeseen situations.
- Manage executive email – prioritize and respond, if needed, immediately.
- Serves as liaison with direct reports, employees and vendors. Maintains confidential nature of communications.
- Provide follow-up to pending issues to assure completion of tasks – internal and external.
- Order office supplies, office equipment as necessary.
- Assist Chief Marketing Officer’s direct reports as needed.
- Coordinate Meetings & Events:
- Creating presentations to include charts, graphs, etc.
- Coordinating activities, with Administrative assistants, such as department team building and functions.
- Schedule and manage arrangements for meetings and events including, rooms, ordering meals, refreshments, travel logistics, etc.
- International Meetings –ensure proper travel documents are obtained. Coordinate with overseas offices on logistical details, including receiving and loading of presentations.
- Coordinate all arrangements with plant personnel.
Supervision given from the Chief Marketing Officer however individual must be able to anticipate problems and move toward resolving them in the absence of management, exercising independent judgment and discretion. Will be required to communicate specific instructions or requests to various individuals/levels of the organization. Individual must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
No direct reports however may provide instructions and guidance to employees on various policies and procedures.
Maintain and track department expenses on supplies and other purchases. Manage AMEX P-Card for the team.
- Minimum of 3-5 years administrative experience required
- Experience in a corporate environment. Prior human resources experience preferred.
Understands and has the ability to learn the role and responsibilities of the position, including:
- Exercise and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Demonstrates professional judgment and discretion.
- Use of excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must have strong computer skills, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Visio.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented team player with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to work in team-based environment, developing cross-functional network of resources, maintaining effective working relationships.
- Detail oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Computer skills: Proficiency in Excel, Power Point, and Word.
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Don't see anything of interest?
Join our Talent Community to hear from us and to be considered for future roles - even if you haven't applied!