How will you create memories that last?
Our Frontline employees play an important role in creating and delivering the food and beverage brands that help people everywhere, every day. And working for Nestlé USA means being part of a stable, successful company that makes some of the best-known and most-loved brands in the world. If you always take pride in doing a good job, join our collaborative team.
Technician Electronic ControlApply Now Job ID 15006848 Date posted 09/19/2015
It is strongly preferred that the applicant have experience in a high volume industrial manufacturing environment. The Electronic and Controls Technician will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting all process control and operational support systems. Under minimum supervision, must be able to troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on various automated production equipment. Experience with PLC's, HMI’s, Robotics, automation and control system design and hands-on troubleshooting is strongly preferred.
- Review and modify existing equipment as required to meet safety, quality, and production requirements.
- Perform root-cause analysis, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain automated production and robotic systems.
- Program, troubleshoot and repair/replace sensors, scanners, vision systems, motors, variable frequency drives, and encoders.
- Troubleshoot automated production equipment using RSLogix 5, 500, and 5000 PLC programming software.
- Create or modify operator interface screens using RSView32 and Factory Talk View Studio.
- Control system upgrades of existing equipment and integration of new/existing equipment.
- Troubleshoot electrical wiring, relay logic, control and safety circuits using electrical schematics and electronic test equipment.
- Able to interpret electrical schematics, mechanical drawings, blueprints, and layouts.
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance of production and equipment.
- Manage work orders and PMs utilizing a computerized maintenance management system (SAP).
- Follow all company policies including but not limited to good manufacturing practices and safety systems.
- Ensure work is completed in accordance with relevant codes and with proper documentation.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to improve processes, efficiency, quality and service.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Minimum of 2 years Industrial Maintenance Experience required - Resume containing work history must be submitted with application to be considered for role.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley ControlLogix PLCs
- Experience with automation systems for building, facility, utility, and process controls preferred
- Experience on development or troubleshooting of Human-Machine Interface (HMI) systems, preferably Wonderware InTouch and Wonderware ArchestrA platform
- Strong PLC maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting skills; Allen Bradley preferred
- Proficient troubleshooting, including electrical/electronic systems up to 480v
- Proactive individual that takes responsibility for their equipment, line, coworkers and the continuous improvement of the operation
- Able to work in a team environment where honest communication, a positive attitude, engagement, and personal accountability is expected
- Detail oriented individual who accurately records information
- Able to work off-shifts, weekends & extended shifts (i.e. 12 hrs.)
- Able to work with computers (navigating systems, recording information, using to find information to perform the job)
- Has positive conflict management skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment & handle multiple tasks
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
We’re leaving our mark on nutrition, health and wellness with locations from coast to coast.
Check out our corporate, manufacturing, sales and distribution center locations across the U.S.