How will you create memories that last?
Our Frontline employees play an important role in creating and delivering the food and beverage brands that help people everywhere, every day. And working for Nestlé USA means being part of a stable, successful company that makes some of the best-known and most-loved brands in the world. If you always take pride in doing a good job, join our collaborative team.
Mechanic MaintenanceApply Now Job ID 16003045 Date posted 04/27/2016
- Maintain and troubleshoot equipment. Provide assistance to operations for adjustments and changeovers as needed. Includes but not limited to:
- PET resin handling, Injection molding machines, Blowmolders, Airveyors, bottle silos, and unscramblers, High speed Asceptic fillers, Chemical dosing and water sterilization skids.
- Packaging Labelers, Case Packers, Palletizers, Conveyor systems and shunts, Storage systems, Product transport systems, Basic moving equipment support, Forklift.
- Milk Plant – cold separator, CIP plant, standardization plant.
- Ingredient Handling & Preparation – sugar dissolving, bulk handling, dumping stations.
- Liquid Process – Continuous in-line dosing, vacuum mixers, UHT plant, Thermal processing.
- Maintain Aseptic Quality Control standards – perform through SPC and in compliance with QMS Advanced Level standards and all FDA requirements.
- Data Reporting – Responsible for initiating, scheduling, and completing all work orders within CMMS system per Nestlé Business Excellence Best Practices.
- Schedule and perform all condition based and preventive maintenance work in alignment with manufacturing schedules and requirements.
- Analyze line performance data and provide line improvement support based on findings and analysis.
- Proactive maintenance to minimize line down time.
- Creative problem solving skills to perform equipment improvements and enhancements to optimize production with positive contribution to all key plant indicators safety, quality, cost, and service.
- A strong commitment to improving line performance.
- Support operational requirements when necessary.
- Actively participate in NCE and Improvement teams.
- Schedule backlog projects and keep work order backlog to a minimum. Complete all work, planned and unplanned unplanned, in a timely manner.
- Perform Product change over.
- Support equipment cleaning.
- Technical training to Operators and specific training to allow them to perform autonomous Maintenance.
- Lead specific continuous improvement projects.
- Lead continuous update of Maintenance procedures, work orders.
- Review required spare parts to keep maximize technical warehouse service factor.
All members of the Maintenance and Engineering group will work with one another in a team environment requiring high level communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills. All positions require a high school diploma or GED in addition to work experience or equivalent education and the ability to work with computers. Because the Anderson Facility is operational 24 hours per day, team members will be expected to work off-shifts as well as weekends and extended shifts.. Schedules consist of 12-hour night shifts.
Minimum of 2 years Industrial Maintenance Experience required. Resume containing work history must be submitted with application to be considered for role.
- Strong Mechanical and Electrical skills.
- Basic PLC skills (Allen Bradley)
- Ability to be self-managed, scheduling and performing work unsupervised.
- Reliable, motivated, dedicated, and committed.
- Must demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset.
- Good communication skills with operators, other mechanics and resources.
- Ability to analyze data and make decisions/recommendations based on analysis.
- Familiar with CMMS and Production Work Flow/Control systems.
- Ability and willingness to operate and support a positive Nestle culture and follow established values.
- Ability to integrate into all parts of the operation to support the facility in achieving our goals & objectives
- Proactive individual that takes responsibility for their equipment, line, coworkers and the continuous improvement of the operation.
- Able to work in a team environment where honest communication, a positive attitude, engagement, and personal accountability is expected.
- Detail oriented individual who accurately records information.
- Able to work off-shifts, weekends & extended shifts (i.e. 10 hrs., 12 hrs.)
- Able to work with computers (navigating systems, recording information, using to find information to perform the job)
- Has positive conflict management skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Accountable for personal development & improvement.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment & handle multiple tasks.
- May require internal & external certification.
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
We’re leaving our mark on nutrition, health and wellness with locations from coast to coast.
Check out our corporate, manufacturing, sales and distribution center locations across the U.S.