You know us as thefood and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s,Nesquik, Toll House, Lean Cuisine, and HÄagen-Dazs, as well as new discoverieslike Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, weare creating a workplace where collaboration is critical, courage is rewarded,speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers everysingle day!
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
- LEAD SALES PLANNING PROCESS – Responsible for consumer-based category orsegment(s) and the achievement of sales volume, category and market sharegrowth and trade spend targets. Serves as the category, channel and customerexpert to the division brand teams and field sales teams. Champions categorydriving activities with the marketing team and division leadership. OwnsCommercial Action Plan (CAP) development and deployment.
CATEGORY STRATEGY: PRODUCT / BRAND CATEGORY OBJECTIVES
- Based on shopper insights, establish critical, strategic ‘must haves’ for channel / key customer at the category / segment level and determine overall category / brand needs at ‘4P’ level
- Develops New Item Execution Plan and presentations
- Incorporate Brand Objectives, Growth Drivers, Category Roadmap Strategies, Activation Tactics, New Item Plan by channel / customer from Brand plan, Shopper Marketing insights and tactics into the CAP
- Review approved customer and channel strategies by category and create Channel & Customer CAP Strategies
Customer Strategy:Forecast accuracy, sales performance targets, meeting sales goals, segmentation/ resource allocation, improving customer service
- Finalize trade fundstrategy objectives and deploy rates to support JBP planning and CAP priorities
- Provides categoryand segment insight to selected customers
- Provides feedback toField Sales on segment business development opportunities
- Monitors and communicatesresults of initiatives to Field Sales and customers
Key Experiences: What experiences are key to success in thisjob?
Expectation is to movethrough several manager level roles to strengthen business experience (CustomerDevelopment Account Associate, Customer Development Manager, CategoryLeadership Manager, Retail Sales Manager or like position)
Minimum 4 years ofexperience in Sales or Marketing. Prior experience in Strategic Growth Channelspreferred.
Knowledge of coreBusiness Processes (Sales/Distribution, Customer Planning and Managing,Financial Reporting, Training, HR Policies, Traceability, Quality Fundamentals)
Knowledge of MBS andIntegrated Commercial Planning process
SGDU/SBU Tools (BestPractices) and knowledge of Key Documents (Blueprints, Nestle on the Move,etc.)
Category/Channel/Shopper trends and shopper Insight into actionable ideas
Financial knowledge inorder to evaluate ROI, EBIT and conduct post promotional evaluation
Nielsen data knowledgeand skills.
Knowledge: Nestlé Corporate / Functional / Market /Business / Organizational
What specificorganizational information should the incumbent have to be effective in theirrole? Knowledge of interrelationship of key functions and their key initiatives(Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, Supply Chain, Technical and Globe & IS/IT)
Demonstrated knowledgeof business driving technology solutions (i.e. Nielsen, BW, Source) andinternal/external industry insights and trends
Knowledge of coreBusiness Processes and Fundamentals (Sales/Distribution, Customer Planning andManaging, Financial Reporting, Training, HR Policies, Integrated CommercialPlanning, Nestlé Management and Leadership Principles)
The Nestlé Companies areequal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity inqualified candidates for employment.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.