Nestlé and Starbucks are bringing together the world’s most iconic coffee brands. Starbucks’ robust product portfolio celebrates coffee with rich tradition – customer experience is paramount. Coupled with Nestlé’s mission to enhance the quality of consumers’ lives and contributing to a healthier future, this strategic alliance will create career opportunities that will drive innovation and go-to-market strategies, bringing the best coffee to customers around the world.
It has never been a more exciting time to join (Nestlé Starbucks).
The Nestle Starbucks Branded Solutions organization is looking to welcome a Brand Manager with experience in product management and a track-record of success growing business and improving returns via development of the product portfolio. This role will develop strategic business cases and manage the product portfolio to achieve annual financial and business goals while laying the foundation for future growth.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Business Management: Product Portfolio Management
– Develops and manages the product line for business growth and increased returns.
– Creates and presents the business case for new products or programs to support profitable growth and product optimization or strategic rationalization projects to improve overall positioning and increased returns.
– May provide information and direction for planning, forecasting and managing inventories
– Assists in the development of annual operating and marketing plans. Makes recommendations regarding product objectives and strategy, positioning, pricing, packaging, promotions and advertising.
– Develops strategic assessments, including SWOT analyses, for products and programs.
– Initiates or suggests analysis (financial, consumption or consumer) to influence strategic plans.
– Applies consumer insights and market research to gain understanding of consumer, customer, competitive environment and channel needs for the product or category. Briefs in consumer insights and analyzes consumer research to determine new marketing and product opportunities.
– Analyze information to support the development of a 12/24 month sales & operations planning product forecast at the category level for new and existing products.
– Leads the development of new products and product optimization from concept to commercialization and thru go-to-market.
– Leads and manages cross-functional marketing, development, supply, and sales teams to develop go-to-market programs and campaigns.
– Strong leadership of cross-functional partners and project management skills required to ensure successful launch.
– Strong collaboration across regions and channels required to gain a deep understanding of their market needs from a consumer and business standpoint.
– Assists in defining strategy reflecting competitive and consumer trends and market needs.
– Creates and /or manages the innovation funnel/roadmap for platforms that deliver against the objectives and strategies.
Summary of Experience
– Progressive experience in product or brand management. 5-7 years
– Project leadership in a cross-functional environment. 3-5 years
– Bachelor’s degree or 4 or more years of US military experience
– 4 or more years of experience in product management, brand management or marketing.
– 4 or more years of experience in a role leading the development of new or existing products or strategies from concept to launch.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
– Strong analytical and product management skills; comfortable with syndicated data.
– Strong knowledge of financial planning, forecasting assortment planning and inventory management.
– Strong knowledge of marketing vehicles and fundamentals.
– Ability to analyze business trends and financial metrics, including sales, return on investments, and profit and loss.
– Highly effective project management skills.
– Must be able to work in a matrix environment, able to collaborate cross functionally, and be a strong team player.
– Strong interpersonal skills.
– Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
– Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
– Strong organizational and problem solving abilities.
– Functions effectively with ambiguity.
– Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.