You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, Lean Cuisine, and HÄagen-Dazs, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is encouraged, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
Let’s challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. Here at Nestlé USA, you are empowered to become a student of the business and deliver the best to our consumers and your peers. We’re inviting forward-thinking and courageous future leaders to embrace an entrepreneurial mindset and start their journey of growth!
If you’re a current undergraduate student eager to make an impact on an enormous scale, take strides into greatness and pursue your career with Nestlé USA.
Here’s a breakdown of what the big picture entails for this program:
Nestlé USA’s Factory Management Development Program (FMDP) is a two-year rotational program that provides the opportunity for select individuals to gain real world experience and an understanding of Technical & Production at Nestlé USA. Designed with the full support of executive leadership, this program will allow trainees to gain experience in various factory functions including Engineering and Maintenance, Finance, Human Resources, Manufacturing Excellence, Production, Safety, Health & Environmental, Supply Chain and Quality Assurance.
Within the first six months of the program, our trainee will spend time in all of the functional areas listed above to understand how each of these areas interacts with the Engineering and Maintenance team. Following the rotation portion, our trainee will have the opportunity to experience a unique breadth of work within their functional area, focusing on becoming a subject matter expert within their current factory.
As an Engineering and Maintenance trainee, you can play a key role in leading and executing capital projects and understanding the role of the Maintenance team in our factories.
You are the future leader of our business! This program is designed to put you on the fast track to a management position within one of our factories.
* Master plant process flows, utility flows, capacities, procedures and practices
* Lead maintenance team members in a manufacturing environment to solve technical issues
* Execute maintenance and capital projects including (scoping, bidding, executing, handling contractors, etc.)
* Craft solutions to problems in accordance with engineering standards
* Coordinate project start-ups and contractors
* Develop detailed project scopes that account for operational impact
* Solon, OH, Anderson, IN, or Fort Wayne, IN for duration program
* Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or other related engineering discipline
* Completion of the required degree by June 2020
* GPA of 3.0 and above preferred
* Prior internship or co-op experience; manufacturing experience; student organization and/or other leadership experience preferred
* Proven technical experience preferred
Skills & Knowledge
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Analytical skillset for data tracking and results analysis
* Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
* Demonstrate outstanding learning capabilities
* Ability to deliver results on challenging assignments
* Comfortable leading people in various capacities in a factory
* Open to relocating to any Nestlé USA factory after completing the program
* Able to work any shift, including second or third shift as required throughout program experiences
* Open to working in facilities where ambient conditions may be very cold, wet or warm
* Immersion into a dynamic and collaborative work culture with varied colleagues
* Mentorship and professional guidance from experienced leaders and a training program designed to support successful project completion
* Work with an influential industry leader in consumer packaged goods (Fortune Magazine)
* Volunteer in community service opportunities with a variety of Nestlé Share Valued Organizations (e.g. Boys & Girls Club of America & Nestlé Adopt-A-School Program)
* Competitive relocation package
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.