Food people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. We’re in 97% of American homes, and as the leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our goal is to continue to provide more nutritious foods, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact. Joining Nestlé means you can make an impact on an enormous scale.
Let’s challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. We need to grow as a company and bring an intensity to our work that puts our competitors on notice. We must work as one team under one Nestlé brand, leading innovation across the organization, and empowering our employees to succeed in the workplace and beyond. We’ll win – and we’ll do it the right way.
If you’re ready to take the next step toward advancing your career, discover how Nestlé is transforming beyond confections and embracing our entrepreneurial culture & redefining our ways of winning. Are you ready to make your impact?
In this position, you will primarily be responsible for providing the purchasing or procurement of materials (new or existing), by sourcing of suppliers, bringing in samples for evaluation by Corporate Packaging Engineer and Product Commercialization, and determining that suppliers are capable of handling our quantity requirements and meeting our pricing needs. In this role as the Associate Buyer, you will stress the following to current and potential suppliers: The needs of the factory, the importance of meeting those needs, and what is expected from the supplier, to include the onboarding process. You will help manage the suppliers, based on their ability to be flexible in all aspects of our business relationship (i.e. flexibility in increasing/decreasing delivered quantities, flexibility in delivery dates) while ensuring they mirror our flexible, small batch, low cost, highly efficient philosophy.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Monitoring the packaging SKU inventory of the factory on a daily basis and order materials on an as needed basis. Decisions concerning the amount of inventory to order and carry are determined, based on many factors, to include quantities needed, when needed, past history, lead times, manufacturer’s location/shipping location, seasonality, etc.
* Creating Purchase orders for packaging raw materials in the SAP Purchasing System.
* Monitoring price levels of packaging components that may affect the purchase price of a particular packaging SKU or a group of SKU’s.
* Performing purchasing P-Card (and ECard) related functions within company guidelines and on a monthly basis.
* Developing annual cost projections for each packaging SKU or contributing material for budgetary purposes.
* Assisting the Manager of Procurement in developing long and short term purchasing related goals for the factory, to include cost savings initiatives.
* Monitoring inventory levels for packaging raw material components and adjust as necessary to drive inventory to optimum/low levels.
* Developing and maintaining necessary records and files for efficient operation and documentation.
* Establishing and monitoring various small contracts. Involvement as necessary in disputes, issues, etc. Contracts to include: Waste, Uniforms, Vending, and CHEP program.
* Maintaining good internal and external communication and involvement in all areas of responsibility.
* Managing Sundries Index which tracks (houses) supplier contracts, COI’s, training documents, and competitive bid information. Ensures all documentation is up to date.
* Tracking and managing Vendor quality and compliance.
* Participating in various departmental WOR’s meetings.
* Performing health checks (Purchasing).
* Partnering with Corporate Category Managers of various packaging components as necessary.
* Managing Watercooler and First Aid Cabinet Program.
* Monitoring and executing the Revision Control Calendar which controls artwork changes for packaging materials.
* Executing various weekly reports to monitor Ageing Stock, ROH/ZPCK inventories.
* Managing new packaging material processes.