Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
At Nestlé, we provide high-quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we embrace leadership, make important contributions, and support each other’s professional development. Join the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life.
As a Human Resources Manager at Nestlé, you will be accountable for providing Human Resources support to all salaried and hourly employees, as well as site leadership, through effective organizational design and execution of Human Resources strategy across this part of the organization or operations site. You will lead a Human Resources team, handling recruitment, employee development, employee/labor relations, policy/contract interpretation, compensation administration and legal compliance. As the Human Resources Manager you would responsible for the complete Human Resource service/value chain for the facility and it’s workforce.
Your Key Responsibilities include:
– Driving the alignment and execution of key people strategies that attract, train and retain employees to support the organization’s short and long term business goals.
– Leading through Nestlé Management and Leadership and Organizational Alignment Principles.
– Leading the coordination and execution of workforce planning for the organization or site.
– Ensuring an effective culture and working environment that is open, empowering, fair, and equitable through thorough analysis of Human Resources scorecard data, survey results, and other workforce management data.
– Overseeing/providing precise execution of all Human Resources initiatives while acting as a catalyst of change where appropriate.
– Pro-actively challenge the established organizational structure to drive superior performance.
– Providing alternate solutions on business issues to achieve the most effective solutions taking into account the Nestlé principles, policies and business unit goals.
– Leading overall Human Resources service delivery to the business through the HR department while helping to shape the culture that facilitates and supports Nestlé’s goals and initiatives
– Utilizing the performance, talent, and organizational planning management systems to help drive the achievement of company goals through objective and development plan setting, performance calibration, and talent development.
– Providing counsel and guidance to Leadership on all people management and development and perform investigations when required.
– Building and maintain effective working relationships with and between managers, employees, and unions where applicable.
– Supporting a holistic safety focus by driving people related safety goals and initiatives.
– Leading the site Leadership Development Pillar, supporting all employees to improve skills and effectiveness while striving to craft a positive, productive environment where each associate can fully chip in.
– Assessing Employee Relations practices to support compliance with Corporate, Federal, State and Local rules and regulations while providing guidance to management to help maintain a well-adapted employment environment.
– Review employee/personnel trends to assess impact on employee morale, potential employee relations or wage/benefit issues utilizing the support of Nestlé Continuous Excellence principles.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
– BS/BA Degree required with a focus Human Resources Management, Business, Organizational Communication, or Industrial Psychology preferred.
– Master’s Degree level preferred in Human Resources Management, Business, Organizational Communication, or Industrial Psychology field.
– PHR or SPHR through HRCI/SHRM certification strongly preferred.
– Total Performance Management implementation and support experience.
– 3 or more years’ experience as Human Resources Manager, with 5 or more years’ experience in an HR Generalist role in a manufacturing plant or distribution center environment.
– Knowledge of Federal and State employment laws, Investigation Skills, HR technical knowledge in EEO, AA, FMLA, ADA, unemployment, and worker’s compensation.
– Handling mediation/arbitration/grievance processes.
– Labor negotiations/union contract management preferred.
– Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and an HRIS system (ie. PeopleSoft or SAP).
– Must have strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
– Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and social skills.
– Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.