Foods people love. The life beyond what you imagined. And the city that rocks.
When you join Nestlé USA and Northeast Ohio, the result is a rich experience that offers you a fulfilling personal and professional life.
Did you know that the Cleveland metropolitan area is consistently ranked as one of the most affordable and livable regions in the US? From its diverse communities to its endless arts, entertainment and sports experiences, Cleveland continues to rock.
At our Nestlé USA Cleveland campus, located in the Solon suburb of Cleveland, you will discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Offering you a strong culture with competitive benefits, you will have limitless opportunities to learn, and advance your career. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
In this role, you are accountable for providing HR support to all salaried, hourly employees and site leadership through effective communication and administration across all functions of the facility. Under the direction of the HR Manager, the HR Generalist/Business Partner leads recruitment, employee development, labor relations, policy interpretation, compensation administration, and legal compliance.
HR Execution: You will provide magnificent execution of the Nestlé People Strategy processes that attract, develop, recognize, and retain employees to support the organization’s short and long term strategic business needs. You will
support Nestlé initiatives such as the Nestlé Management and Leadership Principles while executing workforce planning processes for the organization such as recruitment, talent development, organizational planning, and organizational change management. You’re one of the critical team members ensuring the culture & working environment is open,empowering, fair and equitable.
Delivery of HR services: You will drive HR Service delivery through HR Specialty areas and Nestlé Business Services workflow streams. You will ensure all service levels are met or exceeded. Examples would be Recruiting: Overseeing
salaried and hourly staffing processes to ensure the factory staffing plan is and the right talent is selected to align with business requirements relative to the key function on-site. Compensation: Ensuring a pay for performance philosophy and
maintenance of equitable compensation of employees across job functions.
Performance & Talent Management: You will utilize the performance, talent and organizational planning management systems to help drive the achievement of company goals through objective and development plan setting, performance
calibration, and talent development. Lead the key interface to our site People Managers on all tools available that will assist individual and team performance improvement at all levels. You will also provide counsel and mentorship to
Leadership on all people management and development issues within this part of our workforce.
Employee / Labor Relations: You will establish and maintain effective ‘win – win’ working relationships with (and between) managers, supervisors, and employees. You will need to build and maintain relations with employees at the
manufacturing site, in order to promote and foster an environment of open communication and transparent, candid feedback. This person will complete and handle investigations when required.
NCE / TPM: You will be a critical partner to help support Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE)/ Total Performance Management (TPM) initiatives by providing tools, techniques and resources to set shared goals between the business and operations, which will drive employee engagement, improve plant performance and support a plant safety focus.
* A Bachelor’s (BA or BS) in Human Resource Management or related field (e.g. Business, Organizational Communication, Industrial Psychology) is required.
* 2+ years’ experience in a professional level Human Resources role in a Manufacturing Plant or Distribution Center is required.
* HR change management experience – implementation of a change management project within a non-corporate setting (i.e.such as implementing the new service or benefit concept to employees).
* Human Resource experience should include familiarity with and experience in recruitment, labor relations, and continuous employee engagement and communications. You will have demonstrable knowledge of applicable HR laws
and applications, employee relations/coaching and performance management experience.
* Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; ability to analyze data
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access) and an HRIS system (such as PeopleSoft or SAP)
* Excellent communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
* Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
* Must be detail oriented and have strong problem solving and decision making skills
* Must be able to work with all levels of employees and management within the organization and offer off shift coverage and work extended hours
* Must possess good presentation and training skills
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.