You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, Lean Cuisine, and HÄagen-Dazs, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day.
Supervises employees who plan raw materials & packaging purchases to support plant production. Develops the detailed production schedule for the plant. Check actual against scheduled production. Alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions/events. Ensures maximum use of available capacity and effective use of labor, tools and equipment. Meets the production requirements for finished products as determined by the MPS plan. Responsible for maintaining raw material inventory within budgeted guidelines and have a JIT approach to material deliveries.
* Create a workable monthly production schedule for the plant each month, maximizing opportunities to decrease plant cost per case and improve the plant’s operating efficiency.
* Supervise the workgroup by providing direction, priorities and training and managing departmental staffing issues.
* Optimize cost for the factory and for Supply Chain using LEAN tools and processes
* Act as a liaison between the plant and Division Supply Chain in determining the best solutions for the company in regards to the production plan.
* Manage and monitor inventory of raw material and packaging and ensure that all commodities are available and meet production needs.
* Manage crisis situations that are due to raw material rejections/holds, late deliveries, vendor shorts, staffing problems, weather, etc. Provide direction on production priorities to plant management when these occur.
* Communicate master data requirements to pertinent groups to insure that production timelines are met.
* Ensure all manufacturing procedures follow government and Nestle standards for food safety and quality
* Maintain SAP APO master data to insure system integrity.
* Publish: Schedule Change document, Detailed Production Schedule, shutdown priorities when required, and various communications for all plant operating groups to be aware of production changes, limitations, abnormal events, etc.
* Communicate effectively with all plant and divisional groups, and vendors regarding production needs, problems and issues.
* Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision is required. Coach and develop direct reports.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
* BA / BS Degree in Logistics / Supply Chain or related degree preferred.
* SAP experience preferred.
* 3 years progressive experience in a manufacturing warehouse environment.
* Previous supervisory/ team lead / people leader responsibilities strongly preferred.
* Firm understanding of manufacturing production and distribution processes.
* Good understanding of manufacturing and logistic processes.
* Experience in the food processing, aseptic or pharmaceutical industry is highly preferred.
* Communication skills (strong verbal and written required).
* Troubleshooting / problem-solving (analytical) skills
* Interpersonal skills (ability to effectively work with all levels from hourly to management).
* Leadership and teamwork skills.
* Time management and multi-tasking skills.
* Computer skills, SAP, GLOBE, MRP.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.