Food people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. We’re in 97% of American homes, and as the leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our goal is to continue to provide more nutritious foods, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact. Joining Nestlé means you can make an impact on an enormous scale.
Let’s challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. We need to grow as a company and bring an intensity to our work that puts our competitors on notice. We must work as one team under one Nestlé brand, leading innovation across the organization, and empowering our employees to succeed in the workplace and beyond. We’ll win – and we’ll do it the right way.
If you’re ready to take the next step toward advancing your career, discover how Nestlé is transforming beyond confections and embracing our entrepreneurial culture & redefining our ways of winning. Are you ready to make your impact?
As a lead providing decision support to Supply Chain, you would be responsible for actively delivering meaningful, actionable analysis and recommendations to internal customers. This position must influence business partners to drive decisions that will improve performance and help transportation hit their key financial targets. In this role, you will be the day to day financial co-pilot lead for the transportation team, being a key input into the instrumental financial Variable Distribution Expense (VDE) Forecast.
These skills ensure success for you in this role. You must be able to effectively collaborate and communicate across multiple functions throughout the organization to promote alignment and get results. You will plan, prioritize, and manage workload in an environment of opposing priorities to support and guide timely and sound business decisions. The role provides you a chance to lead projects and think strategically while working through business complexity.
This individual will play a key role by providing accurate and timely financial information and analyses, making and/or implementing sound recommendations to grow business profitability. Position will operate as a key resource, supporting the finance manager in streamlining processes and implementing standard methodologies across the businesses. Key areas of responsibility include: Transportation Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Reporting, business optimization, commercial investment Return on Investment (ROI) analyses, ongoing business reviews, and special ad hoc projects.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Working closely with Operations, Load Control Center, Transportation, and Supply Chain Finance Decision Support to develop a sound financial forecast. Including setting transportation cost targets, assisting cross-functional teams with developing optimal strategy, understanding financial impacts on mix, and ensuring new providers are aligned with short and long term strategy & objectives.
* Business optimization: Evaluating the VDE financial impacts on ongoing business decisions and work closely with cross-functional partners to develop recommendations that promote stewardship and continuous improvement.
* Financial Planning & Analysis: Performing analytical business reviews with cross-functional partners, identify risks & opportunities for the latest estimates, and propose action plans to improve businesses as needed.
* Special projects: Supporting finance manager on special projects to ensure financial support keeps pace with rapidly changing business requirements (e.g. evaluate various VDE route to markets, operational improvements, complexity & waste reduction initiatives, advanced financial modeling, automation/streamlining projects, etc.).
* Leading Period End Close commentary with in depth network analysis and supporting transportation KPIs (Line haul Inflation, Route Guide Compliance, Payload, Redeployment).
* Leading the monthly forecasting process for transportation costs and explain variances against monthly forecast and annual targets.
* Working with & supporting Transportation operations management team to identify and evaluate productivity improvements on an ongoing basis.