Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the culinary capital.
We are writing a new chapter in our journey; Nestlé USA is opening its new U.S. headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, directly across from Washington, D.C. As a part of this extraordinary moment, you have the opportunity to help build the Nestlé USA of today, and tomorrow.
Our new home in the D.C. area offers close proximity to world-class restaurants, shopping, and museums. You are steps away from the world’s largest museum, the Smithsonian, and renowned national landmarks such as the Washington Monument.
Nestlé USA is transforming what we do, how we do it, and where we work. Now is the time to define your future, and ours, too. Find your fulfilling personal and professional life, matched with our competitive benefits, focus on innovation and limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career.
Discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
The Pricing Analyst will contribute to NUSA long term growth and profitability through support of strategic pricing and promotions initiatives. S/he will be responsible for providing support to Strategic Pricing Projects. Involvement in projects and day-to-day activities will range from data preparation, analytical support, meeting preparation, and presentation of results.
MEASURE OF SUCCESS:
To help NUSA achieve its goal of developing and implementing a robust pricing and promotions strategy, the Pricing and Promotions analyst will have a deep understanding of pricing and profitability issues. The analyst must achieve fluency in databases and systems in order to perform rigorous data analyses that will help the Pricing team make critical pricing and promotions decisions.
* Help develop pricing and promotional strategy and tactics, monitor implementation, and evaluate performance on an ongoing basis
* Leverage internal operational and external consumption data to create analyses, reports and results-oriented feedback for key products and product categories
* Report on pricing and promotions performance across brands, products, regions and accounts to gain insights into pricing and promotional effectiveness (e.g., promotional intensity of products and brands, trade rates by account, event level ROI analysis)
* Develop pricing recommendations (proposed prices and overall impact) based on analyses (of product volume, margin and competitiveness) to Pricing Management in the price setting process, and for price list and price policy discussions
* Present and facilitate discussion on pricing recommendations to cross functional groups.
* Provide analytical support to brand marketing and Pricing Management in determining pricing guidelines for products by brand by region, as well as to field sales on specific pricing and promotions decisions
* Build dynamic tools that empower clients to make sound pricing and promotion decisions.
* Provide analytical support to assist in building pricing financial targets and drive collaboration discussion on those targets.
* Bachelor’s degree required; degree in a quantitative discipline preferred
* 3 years of business experience (finance, analytics, marketing, or related area)
* Fluency in basic programs and excel modeling
* Knowledge of the consumer packaged goods industry
* Comfort working with external consumption data and internal financial data
* Experience interacting with large sets of data via SQL
* Proficiency in BI/visualization software ie Power BI, Tableau, QLIK
* The following skills are a plus: experience working with Microsoft Azure data lake environment, fluency in Python/SAS/R/Matlab
CRITICAL TRAITS AND COMPETENCIES:
* Highly analytical, strong critical thinker: Ability to perform complicated analyses – structure the problem, collect and validate data, identify issues, and present results
* Good business sense: Ability to apply insights from data analysis that are financially viable for the business, but with a focus on practical implementation
* Extremely flexible: able to reprioritize work on short notice, manage multiple short and long-term deliverables simultaneously
* Results-orientated: Sense of ownership and follow-through, attention to detail
* Communication: able to translate complex data into business insights to influence internal stakeholders
* Teamwork: ability to effectively integrate into a team of analysts and Data Scientists while understanding the team’s functional role in the larger organization
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.