Nestlé USA has reached an agreement to contribute its U.S. ice cream business to Froneri, a joint venture between Nestlé S.A. and private equity firm PAI Partners. Froneri is a pure-play ice cream company with a winning market share in Europe, and one of the largest ice cream companies in the world. The company is present in over 20 countries and has more than 10,000 employees. In 2018, Froneri generated revenue worth roughly 2.9 billion USD. As a result of the change, this role will transition to Froneri’s organization once the transaction is closed (expected Q1 2020). You may be required to resubmit your application after the close date in order to be considered. Join our mission to elevate the country’s most beloved ice cream brands.
The Maintenance Engineering Manager provides technical direction and leadership to the Engineering group. Role ensures that the site’s fixed assets are capable of performing and consistently fit for the purpose for which they are intended. This role is about asset reliability and overall plant performance.
• Run Maintenance and Improvement (M&I) plans and objectives
• Propose and implement work processes, procedures and technical resources related to the M&I team.
• Lead and coordinate the M&I team and maintain competencies, motivation and performance to achieve the M&I teams mission and objectives.
• Propose and control the M&I budget and monitor M&I to our key performance indicators.
• Build successful interaction between production and warehouse teams in equipment repairs and maintenance.
• Demonstrate and promote the company’s values within the M&I Engineering team.
• Safety first!
• Ensure that the technical integrity and availability of equipment follows all regulations and that Good Engineering Practices are applied at all times.
• Ensure the implementation of all repairs/modifications resulting from gap assessments, plant audits and notifications.
• Provide mechanics and operators with direct on the line real time mentoring in machinery and line operation skills.
• Systematically review all lines, processes and utilities that are essential to the business and those where failure can have an unacceptable impact on safety, environment or compliance with the law.
• Ensure that Continuous Improvement becomes a key pillar of our culture.
• Implement Consequence Driven Maintenance (CDM) as the multi-discipline, team based approach to actively maintain / improve the reliability and performance of our assets.
• Establish and run the yearly, monthly, weekly maintenance plans to ensure essential maintenance is completed within a reasonable time.
• Monitor plant/equipment to ensure efficient operation and reduction of planned/unplanned downtime.
• Optimize Predictive Maintenance technologies (Condition Monitoring and inspections) to minimize unplanned downtime.
• Utilize Planned Downtime for Scheduled and Condition-Based Maintenance with Work Orders.
• Develop and implement improvements to minimize downtime for line change and cleaning.
• Liase with Production, Quality Management every day to resolve technical and/or operational issues. (Stoppage Analysis from Downtime Reporting System).
• Lead our shutdown and start-up work programs to minimize the risks to the product, people and production losses.
• Manage the technical stores, scheduled Work Orders, labor hour allocation and the equipment Bill of Material (BOM).
• Ensure that the job planning, material and services planning is accurate and effective.
Ensure that the equipment history, damage code and root cause analysis are completed correctly.