You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, Lean Cuisine, and HÄagen-Dazs, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where teamwork is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
- Are you an experienced Maintenance Supervisor dedicated to quality, a sense of urgency, safety, and continuous improvement? We are seeking a strong supervisor to take on the following:
- Guide the factories to reduce technical stoppages in equipment or areas of common occurrence; Ensure the systematic review all line, processes, and utilities that are critical to the business and those where failure can have an unacceptable impact on safety, personnel safety, food safety, environment, or compliance with the law.
- Monitor plant/equipment trends to ensure the best possible operation and reduction of planned/unplanned downtime.
- Propose and monitor key performance indicators in accordance with the Best Maintenance Practices.
- Facilitate the evolution/refinement of Maintenance activities to minimize planned and unplanned downtime (PM’s, changeovers, etc.).
- Implementation of repairs/modifications resulting from Gap assessments, plant audits, and notifications are executed on time and with high quality workmanship.
- Job planning, material and services planning is accurate and effective.
- Ensure that the equipment history, damage code and root cause analysis are completed correctly.
- Develop and lead a network of factory subject matter experts, including training and guidance on implementation and leadership of the NCE Reliability program in their factories.
- Team member performance and periodic feedback to ensure development.
- Share maintenance-related best practices across all Nestlé USA and Canada factories, via the Nestlé USA Corporate Engineering website, leadership/training guides.
- Collaborate with corporate engineers, suppliers, contractors, and plant partners to ensure customer needs are met.
- Encourage partnership between all functions (Engineering, Productions, Quality Management, etc.).
- Conduct regular inspections of plant to seek out potential problems and to solicit operator feedback.
- Consolidate and analyze the factory M&R budgets, drive sustainable improvements with the assistance of Group Engineering Specialists and Engineering Managers.
- Manage the technical stores, scheduled Work Orders, labor hour allocation and the equipment Bill of Material (BOM).
- Support and back-fill the roll-out and sustainability of TPM-PM Pillars.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Reliability, Chemical or other related field) strongly preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment with knowledge of utilities, facilities or production equipment is required.
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong technical and leadership skills; Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to lead, motivate and develop others; Able to organize, coordinate, and direct users and teams.
- Knowledge of TPM / PM Pillar Tools, preferred.
- Asset Management Software (SAP Preferred), Breakdown Analysis,Reliability Center Maintenance Practices, FMEA, PM Optimization,Predictive Maintenance Technologies including (infrared, ultrasonic, vibration analysis, etc… )
- Understanding of regulatory requirements for food safety.
- Proficient of computer programs such as Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge and understanding of the cost drivers of Maintenance in manufacturing operations.
- Good working knowledge of CMMS systems (SAP, Maximo) with the ability to mine and analyze data for trends/reports.
- Results Focus: Strong impact to operations performance. The role requires discipline to meet performance objectives
- Lead People: Strong skills leading direct reports in order to promote operating efficiency
- Proactive Cooperation: Ensure that the maintenance team operates in a multi functional team with clear and open communication with other areas
- Service Orientation: Understand the customer’s expectations and needs and provide them high quality service
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.