Have you aspired to work on a brand in a dynamic category for a globally compelling consumer brand that delivers over $500MM in retail revenue? Are you a self-starter, who enjoys being entrepreneurial and resourceful, and operating with autonomy and independence? Do you thrive on getting close to consumers and looking for creative and impactful ways to engage with them and change their purchase behavior? Do you love crafting marketing and business strategies that drive market share and long term growth? Do you get excited by working on a globally dominate brand that has a strong multicultural heritage? If so – being the Product Manager on the Nescafe coffee business with Nestlé Coffee Partners might be the perfect role for you!
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Nestlé Coffee Partners’ success by leading the development of new products and product-related marketing opportunities. Develops strategic assessments for products, and manages the product performance against operating plans and budgets to achieve Nestlé Coffee Partners financial and business objectives.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Manages the product line business against operating plans and budgets. Tracks, analyzes and communicates product and program performance vs. expectations. Provides meaningful insight and recommends action plans to address variances in performance against annual plan.
Manages cross functional team to deliver integrated launch programs for products, including product direction, marketing plans and store operations and supply chain requirements. Communicates product direction to internal and external partners.
Develops and manages product line business plans. Creates and presents the business case for new programs to support growth strategies and profitability targets. Makes recommendations regarding product objectives and strategy, positioning, pricing, packaging, and product lifecycle. May provide information and direction for planning, forecasting and managing inventories.
Supports qualitative and quantitative research to develop key findings and recommended actions (e.g. develops proforma models and runs sensitivities).
Merges trends and other primary and secondary forms of research with fact based business insights to arrive at sound strategic recommendations. Uses data to tell a logical story.
Manages project teams and timelines to deliver products and programs. May work with cross-functional partners to ensure the best available costs, terms and quality.
Provides input into the strategic plan for product(s) they manage.
Marketing & Promotions:
- Develops and manages multi-channel, integrated marketing plans for promotions, brand initiatives, or product. Creates and presents the business case for new programs to support growth strategies and profitability targets. Creates and/or provides input to recommendations regarding marketing plan objectives, strategy, messaging, marketing mix, and tactics.
- Develops, manages, and tracks marketing budgets, timelines, and processes from kickoff to execution. Establishes and maintains processes to ensure effective and timely development and execution of programs within defined budget constraints.
- Provides input to consumer positioning, creative brief development, and supports all-agency creative briefing. Evaluates creative concepts and effectively provides creative feedback to internal and external agencies.
- Identifies and quantifies specific product drivers in support of marketing calendar strategies.
- Leads cross-functional and/or cross-channel teams to develop new products and product-related marketing opportunities, from concept to commercialization.
- Manages project teams and timelines to deliver products and programs. Strong leadership of cross-functional partners required to ensure successful launch of innovations.
- Contributes to the innovation strategy reflecting competitive and consumer trends and market needs.
- May assist in the creation of and maintenance of platform/product positioning and guardrails ensuring relevancy across regions and channels.
- Monitors the marketplace for new product innovations, competitors, lifestyle trends and emerging technologies.
Summary of Experience
- Bachelors degree or 4+ years of US military experience
- 2+ years of experience in a role supporting marketing, brand management or product management
- 1+ years of experience in a professional role managing a budget
- 2+ years of experience in a role leading the development of new or existing products or strategies from conception to implementation
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Consistently uses communications skills to influence outcomes.
May require ability to work cross-culturally.
Ability to confidently present objectives and desired outcomes to leadership and cross functional teams.
Ability to influencing others without authority to get things done in a timely fashion.
Ability to write compelling presentations and succinct emails.
Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Working knowledge of financial planning, forecasting, assortment planning and inventory management.
Ability to build a level of trust and respect amongst peer group. Recognizes the importance of solid relationships.
Ability to resolve issues or debates independently in most situations.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.