Food people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. We’re in 97% of American homes, and as the leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our goal is to continue to provide more nutritious foods, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact. Joining Nestlé means you can make an impact on an enormous scale.
Let’s challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. We need to grow as a company and bring an intensity to our work that puts our competitors on notice. We must work as one team under one Nestlé brand, leading innovation across the organization, and empowering our employees to succeed in the workplace and beyond. We’ll win – and we’ll do it the right way.
If you’re ready to take the next step toward advancing your career, discover how Nestlé is transforming beyond confections and embracing our entrepreneurial culture & redefining our ways of winning. Are you ready to make your impact?
As a Freight Payment Coordinator, you would have be part of a complementary team with a focus on ensuring Nestlé USA’s carriers are paid on time without deductions or short-pays. In this role, you would work across our Supply Chain organization to investigate and resolve freight payments and disputes across thousands of shipments a day and a wide array of carrier modes. We would need a person with phenomenal customer services skills, a dream for learning the many components of our Supply Chain, and a laser focus on leading and resolving freight payment issues across carriers. You would be an integral part of a Nestlé Business Services team that works very closely with our providers and our supply chain teams.
Your responsibilities would include:
* Learning the SAP-TM system to ensure all assigned carriers’ charges, such as Line Haul & Accessorials, are resolved on time without error, and in compliance with their contractual terms.
* Learning the CASS system and associated processes to ensure all assigned carriers are paid on-time without deductions or short-pays, and in compliance with their contractual terms.
* Handling the Accounts Receivables and billing for the Nestle Private fleet using the TMW system.
* Building strong relationships with the carrier representatives as well as the internal transportation team and supply chain teams.
* Partnering with carriers to resolve accessorial and short pay discrepancies, including truckload, LTL, IM, Pool, and Tanker Carriers.
* Partnering with transportation managers, LCC (planners and TMs) to ensure specific carrier issues are resolved efficiently and collaboratively.
* Collaborating across all departments to ensure accurate charges are reflected in the core system, SAP-TM.
* Ensuring KPI’s are met and are trending in the right direction, including cost savings/cost avoidance, cost/freight bill, rejected /suspended invoices, carrier EDI %, # balance dues, etc.
* Staying in sync with team Standard Operating Procedures and complete updates across systems as needed.
* Serve as back-up to other teammates to provide coverage for teammates’ time off or in times of increased workloads.
Requirements, Experiences, and Educational needs:
*High School diploma or GED equivalent required
*Bachelor’s Degree, specifically in Finance or Accounting, preferred
*Experience in Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Customer Service required
*Knowledge of transportation processes or direct experience from consumer product carriers is strongly preferred
*Excellent oral and written communication skills
*Ability to work in a team-based environment
*Excel, Word and Outlook experience
*Ambitious, needing little hands-on management, with strong multi-tasking ability
*Strong initiative to solve issues and overcome barriers
*Ability to understand transportation systems and billing complexities
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.