Advance your career and receive world-class training, all while joining the world’s “Most Admired Food Company”, as an HR Generalist. As an HR Generalist you will be a part of an on-site HR team and partner with factory management to deliver high quality support and advice. The HR Generalist will support our vision and strategic direction to cultivate our world-class manufacturing and distribution facilities, acting as a change agent to continually develop the culture and support our vision. In this varied role, you will be responsible for ensuring on-site human capital requirements are met including: the sustainability of a reliable and competent workforce and labor crewing that delivers improvements in productivity. This position will provide guidance across industrial and employment law, recruitment, induction, performance management, change management and engagement initiatives.
In this position, you will have the ability to lead a broad array of HR initiatives in a highly challenging and rewarding environment where you will play a significant role in impacting our factories and people strategy. This is a role where your contributions will be noticed and you will be able to make a real difference within our organization. You will be able to contribute and grow with Nestle USA by establishing and implementing best practices in the areas ____________.
This is a great opportunity to learn and contribute to a Nestle USA’s standards and practices and work alongside an array of iconic brands such as _____________.
Duties & Key Responsibilities:
General HR Support
- Provide support to employees and managers in the handling of all human resource related activities which may include: employee relations, fielding employee questions or concerns, communication and the interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Supports and serves as a liaison between employees and management
- Provide counsel to employees and management to maintain a productive and positive work environment, including development planning, coaching, etc.
- Advise managers on salary offers and equity increases (Cornerstone Evaluation).
- Partner with HR Specialty groups to effectively manage: employee Leave of Absences, Short-Term Disability, FMLA requests, Workers Compensation issues, OSHA requirements, Relocation, PTO issues, and unemployment claims.
- Coordinate workers compensation program, includes issues relating to modified duty/early return to work, ADA and litigation
- Assist in the recruitment efforts and new hire and transfer processes including but not limited to: coordination of openings, development of job descriptions, diversity recruitment strategies, interview candidates, job offer recommendations and offer letters, write announcements, and act as liaison with the hiring manager and the recruiting team.
- Conduct employee investigations as needed and ensure timely and responsible resolutions.
- Consult with appropriate legal counsel as needed.
- Consult with and advise management to maximize employee productivity through swift and timely resolution
- Resolve employee performance issues to ensure appropriate corrective action steps are taken, including coaching, verbal / written warnings (corrective action), Performance Improvement Plans.
Ensure all associates and managers are properly trained to use tools and resources for effective performance and development evaluations (PDGs) and merit and compensation reviews.
Provide counsel and support to managers for performance development and improvement. Provide and track compliance of required training including conducting New Employee Orientation, New Manager Orientation, Harassment Awareness and other related compliance training, leadership and management courses, etc. as needed.
Monitor all EEO compliance and Affirmative Action programs including drafting annual AAP.
Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources matters.
• Partner with internal Compliance team to participate in audits conducted by state or federal agencies such as the OFCCP.
Monitor and provide feedback regarding the use of policies and procedures and propose / draft policies / updates as needed.