Electronic Controls Technicians (ECT) are PLC technicians that handle all factory electrical, electronic and equipment controls with a focus towards safety, quality and production efficiency. The ECT designs, modifies, troubleshoots and repairs production electronic components such as machine controls, robots, HMI’s, PLCs, motors, drives, and communication equipment. They must apply industry standard electronic safety standards, understand electronic circuits, read and edit PLC ladder logic, understand and modify CAD electrical and mechanical drawings, and be proficient in Windows operating systems. ECT’s must work with equipment operators to ascertain problems with equipment, test and troubleshoot faulty electronic systems and machinery, assist in the predictive/preventative maintenance of electrical components and computers, train operators, and process work orders. ECT’s are expected to understand and troubleshoot unique equipment, such as X-Rays, automatic guided vehicles and vendor-specific, non-standard controls.This position requires strong teamwork with both management and plant-floor personnel. ECT’s will perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
1. Design, install and/or troubleshoot electrical and electro-mechanical components such as motors, VFD’s, motion systems, and electrical connection parts such as relays, termination blocks and sensors.
2. Perform projects using PC & PLC programming, maintain documentation and communicate updated documentation to associates and staff
3. Perform projects using SCADA & HMI programming and maintain documentation, including but not limited to Intellution IFIX, Wonderware InTouch and RS ControlLogix and AB PanelView
4. Perform instrumentation implementation and calibration.
5. Perform control system and electrical troubleshooting and maintenance as assigned by the Supervisor. Keep Supervisor up to date on the status of all assigned projects, programming, work back log, on-going problems and safety issues.
6. Perform electrical and electrical safety compliance checks
7. Work on teams to improve or alter production line operations.
8. All duties will be performed in compliance with NEC, OSHA, NFPA and any other applicable code requirements.
2-year Electrical Technician Degree or equivalent work experiences and references.
Strong electrical design and troubleshooting skills,
Must be proficient in the following platforms and standards: RS Linx, RS Logix 500, RS Logix 5000, Factory Talk View, DeviceNet, EtherNet, Data Highway, Microsoft Windows, Lock-Out Tag-Out standards, Troubleshooting a 480v electrical connections, Standard electrical symbols and understanding electrical prints, NFPA 70e.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.