Are you interested in an EXCITING CAREER with an AMAZING COMPANY with OUTSTANDING EMPLOYEE BENEFITS?
• Location: Carson, Chatsworth and City of Industry, CA
• Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday, 3:00am-11:00am; 48 HR/WK
Only a CDL A needed to start this role!
• 401(k) Plan
• Adoption Assistance
• Auto & Home Insurance
• Cell Phone Service Discounts
• Dental Insurance
• Dependent Scholarships
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Discount Programs
• Educational Assistance
• Gym Discounts
• Health Rewards / Rally
• Infant Formula Program
• Legal Services
• Maternity Support
• Medical Insurance
• NESPRESSO Discounts
• Nestle Nutrition Store Discounts
• Parental Support Policy
• Pet Insurance
• Prescription Coverage
• ReadyRefresh-Home Delivery of Nestle Waters products at a Discount
• Real Recognition Points
• Tobacco Cessation Resources
• Vehicle Purchase / Lease Discounts
• Vision Insurance
• Wellness Coaching
As one of “The World’s Most Admired Food Companies” in Fortune magazine, Nestlé provides quality brands that bring flavor to life every day. The Nestlé Dreyer’s Ice Cream division serves to provide world class service to frozen grocery accounts across the country. Products include industry leading brands such as DIGIORNO pizza, DRUMSTICK ice cream snacks, and HӒAGEN-DAZS premium ice cream.
The Delivery Driver’s primary function is to deliver and distribute Nestlé products to various customer sites while demonstrating sound safety practices. This position delivers and unloads palletized orders, checks product and quantities for accuracy, and maintains all necessary paperwork. Delivery Drivers manage customer expectations in regards to delivering, following instructions and managing backroom storage. This role works directly with store managers and store personnel to ensure a high level of customer service is provided in retail accounts. The position requires driving to grocery store customers in a company vehicle. Knowledge and compliance with Department of Transportation (“DOT”) standards, meals/break policies, etc. is mandatory
• Demonstrate Decision Driving skills including, but not limited to, proper following distance, proper eye lead, proper stopping distance, checking intersections, using safety wedge, proper use of horn, left/ right turn execution, seat belt use, checking and scanning mirrors, maintaining proper speed, proper lane observance, parking in appropriate locations and avoiding backing-up. Incumbent must be in compliance with DOT standards and follow all DOT policies and processes. Keep a clean and orderly cab and trailer.
• Know the Accounts (check-in practices, tendencies of other vendors, etc.) and create rapport with appropriate customers in all accounts, to gain trust and build a positive working relationship. Communicate with customers by name during deliveries, and exhibit a professional, polite and assertive demeanor. Respond to customer requests, and forward customer requests on to sales representative or management as needed.
• Optimize the loading of the carrying aid and use optimal handling technique (known as Time-to-Sell processes) to maximize productivity.
• Adhere to planned routing stop sequence to meet open/closed receiving time windows and minimize overall mileage & travel time. Follow prescribed travel path, adjusting to mitigate delay only when necessary, and communicate to sales personnel.
• Pick up credits on appropriate basis, place loads in proper freezer area, follow store procedures, and complete paperwork appropriately. Be mindful of product, always handling carefully.
• Utilize handheld and printer equipment to successfully invoice and document daily activities. Complete proper handheld transactions for miss-picks transfers, and additional product sales. Physically return product to warehouse when needed. The expectation when physical inventory is completed is that the variance should be zero.
• Responsible for updating management with accurate door receiving timeframes when changes occur. Communicate directly with co-workers on issues, openly shares ideas with others, encourage performance in others, give feedback when needed, and trains new employees when applicable.
• Conduct activities in a safe manner, follow corporate safety guidelines and requirements (no cell phones while driving, pre-trip/ post-trip inspections, proper bending, etc.), use personal protective equipment, proactively address any unsafe conditions observed and lock vehicle.
JOB ESSENTIALS/ ATTRIBUTES:
• Ability to practice safe working habits at all times
• Initiative: Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
• Energy: Maintains high activity/productivity level. Operates with sense of urgency, efficiency, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time.
• Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable and professional performance under pressure or opposition
• Detail: Strives to understand the details. Balances, analyzes and takes appropriate action. Solid planning, detail oriented and organization skills.
• Communication: Presents ideas effectively, actively listens, and works across functional boundaries with the ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and store personnel. Ability to influence others.
• Teamwork: Can work in group or alone; oriented towards the good of the whole. Contain ability to build rapport and good working relationship with multiple store personnel, including Store Managers, Assistant Store Managers and Frozen Food Managers, as well as co-workers.
• Manage job professionally and with a high level of organization
• Ability to effectively deal with change and adversity in the work place, and work in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrate ability to deliver consistent results while building organization capabilities.
• Ability to respond to change with positive attitude, offer suggestions for improvements to increase effectiveness of change, support new initiatives, and maintain an open mind.
We recommend you watch the following video that describes the job in more detail.