Be able to adjust communication style to multiple audiences
VI. Production: 1. Be a TPM champion for the line/area.
2. Coach, drive, and support tagging systems, centerline development and management, CILs, 5S, and Visual Loss Maps
3. Create, develop, and execute weekly strategic plans to hit line/area objectives set by/with the line/area supervisors in accordance to OMP objectives
4. Assist the lead in planning and managing the day to day allocation of resources (people, equipment, and materials)
5. Understand the line/areas top unplanned losses, targets, and triggers and drive focus on those areas
6. Be certified to lead GSTD’s and take the initiative to start problem solving when triggers are hit
7. Support the supply chain by assuring that all scheduled cases for the line are produced and that the line adheres to the weekly production schedule
VII. General: 1. Must demonstrate the competencies of a developed employee in accordance to the NLF
2. Must be flexibility to work any shift/schedule, weekend or flexible shifts and work overtime on short notice as needed to support business needs
3. Be a communication link with the employees on the line/area, QA, maintenance, other support groups, and the supervisor
4. Ensure pertinent information is effectively communicated at SHO and participate in SHO boards
5. Represent the line/area during operational reviews and take actions to drive improvement to the performance measures when the supervisor is unavailable
6. Back-up or represent the Team Leader as required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitates and provides coaching and direction to line associates in performing tasks to include, but not limited to: line and equipment set-up; countdowns, changeovers, wash downs, troubleshooting, operational review meetings, material and labor variance control and follow-up, quality monitoring, SAP transactions, GSTD problem solving, safety risk prediction, planning and decision-making.
• Develops line associates’ understanding and leverage of support resources available to them. Works with all line associates and support teams to break down communication barriers and improve effectiveness in achieving team/ plant objectives.
• Ensures compliance with all regulatory and Nestlé guidelines pertaining to Quality, GMP Safety, Heath, and Environmental, and other company policies and procedures.
• Facilitates effective response to issues that may arise in daily operations, not limited to but including: safety emergencies or incident reporting, QA/USDA concerns, and chronic line downtime or breakdowns. Escalates and communicates support needs to factory leadership.
• Coaches and provides performance feedback and direction to line associates to achieve individual and team goals.
• Has working knowledge of all the jobs and equipment on the assigned line.
• Helps to ensure that the line runs smoothly, minimize cost variance, track downtime, and maximize case output.
• Communicates effectively with a diverse range of employees. Keeps the line organized and informed; assists with daily staffing needs. Represents the support needs and concerns of line associates in accomplishing assigned tasks.
• Understands, performs, and directs basic maintenance and operation of the line and ensures that the product meets quality specifications.
• Willing to perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL AND/OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS (licenses, certifications, etc.):
• High School Diploma or GED
• Must have legible handwriting and display attention to detail
• Demonstrate ability to communicate and work effectively with all line associates and support department personnel (incl. Maintenance, QA, EPSU, TAG, IP, Accounting, HR, Supply Chain)
• Ability to read and interpret important documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to write reports and correspondence
• Ability to speak effectively one-on-one with other employees or before groups of employees
• Display good organizational skills
• Ability to effectively solve or understand complex problems that may involve multiple variables
• Ability to multi task
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out both written and oral instructions
• Computer skills (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
• Knowledge and engagement in NCE and TPM initiatives.
• Must observe Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
• Must follow all safety rules and procedures.
• Must be able to work at least 40 hours per week with possible daily overtime and weekend overtime could be required. Workdays to be announced.
PREFERRED PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES:
• Proactive and self-motivated
• Work effectively within a team environment
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.