Foods people love. The life beyond what you imagined. And the city that rocks.
When you partner Nestlé USA and Northeast Ohio, the result is a rich experience that offers you a fulfilling personal and professional life.
Did you know that the Cleveland metropolitan area is consistently ranked as one of the most affordable and livable regions in the US? From its diverse communities to its endless arts, entertainment and sports experiences, Cleveland continues to rock.
At our Nestlé USA Cleveland campus, located in the Solon suburb of Cleveland, you will discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Offering you a strong culture with competitive benefits, you will have limitless opportunities to learn, and advance your career. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
The Factory Electricity and Automation Engineering Manager is responsible for all aspects related to Electricity, Automation, Process Control, Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and the Factory Automation System (FAS) infrastructure, applications and resources according to Nestle corporate strategies, standards, specifications and local codes and regulations.
The function consists in providing professional and technical support and leadership on Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Electricity and Automation (E&A) in the factory for operational activities and participation in CAPEX projects; doing so in line with corporate guidelines and regulatory requirements, enforcing that all MES-E&A activities enhance business objectives, product quality and plant operation/performance while ensuring that people health and safety, product safety, and environment are never compromised. This includes the responsibility for:
• Project management
• Full compliance enforcement
• Product and process mastership
• Operational support
• Training and capability building of E&A team.
• Define, propose and monitor the plans and objectives of the electrical supply and distribution, automation layer, process control and MES in accordance with the Engineering Policy, Key Principles and the E&A–MES activity as outlined in the Nestlé Engineering Excellence (NEE) master document.
• Propose and implement work processes, procedures and technical resources relating to the electrical and automation team providing the appropriate project management and CAPEX budget planning/implementation.
• Assess, manage and implement necessary solutions in the areas of roles and responsibilities, compliance, risk management, maintenance and improvements and strategies for Electricity, controls and MES.
• Lead and coordinate the electrical team and maintain competencies, motivation and performance to achieve the team’s mission and objectives related to:
o Electrical Power Distribution
Process Control System and Process Control Networks
o Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
o Process Instrumentation and Instrument Calibration
o Electrical and Automation System Lifecycle
o Technical Support to Operations in all areas of the factory
o Skilled Trades Development and Training and capability building in their assigned areas
o Industrial applications and related technical solutions
o Electrical Safety
o Troubleshooting of system and equipment breakdown
• Demonstrate and promote the company’s core values within the electrical team.
• Promote NCE culture within the E&A team
DETAILED FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
ELECTRICITY & AUTOMATION
• Ensure that all personnel performing electricity or control related activities must be legally trained and certified.
• Ensure at all times the technical integrity/performance of the electrical energy supply and distribution.
• Ensure compliance with all Nestlé and government regulatory requirements. (International & local codes).
• Ensure at all times safe installations and operations through proper design, protection systems, procedures and training.
• Organize and drive the execution the maintenance of the electrical, automation and control equipment in accordance with the Nestlé Maintenance Strategy and guidelines.
• Maintain liaisons with other functional groups (safety, production, quality, etc.) to provide necessary support and expertise to meet business requirements and targets; energy conservation, legal compliance, asset intensity, capital investment, etc.
• Develop and implement maintenance and inspection plans to ensure reliability, sustainability and security of electrical distribution and automation infrastructure.
• Monitor plant and equipment to ensure optimal operation and reduction of planned and unplanned downtime.
• Coordinate with Production, Quality Management and Engineering to resolve any electrical or automation issues.
• Supervise and coordinate electrical maintenance and project work by electricians and contractors.
• Ensure proper management of electrical distribution documents (manuals, diagrams, instrument data sheet, software packages/licenses through efficient filling and archiving procedures.
• Facilitate the introduction and implementation of new technologies in coordination with group engineering, Co-Eng. and PTC engineering.
• Initiate and drive Continuous Improvement (CI) in electricity and automation with the aim of achieving optimized plant performance.
• Manage the capturing of energy usage, related information and the distribution of this information to the required stakeholders.
MANUFACTURING EXECUTION SYSTEMS (MES)
• Develop and implement strategy for MES following Group Engineering standards and Nestle overall direction.
• Support the existing and future activities related to MES, FAS, and FFMW to ensure proper design, installation, support, and compliance.
• Work closely with the factory ITC to ensure compliance with Nestle requirements for the FAS environment applications and infrastructure.
• Identify and participate in the preparation of the E&A-MES capital project proposals including budget, scopes, justification, schedules and required design and implementation efforts.
• Participate and support capital projects execution as they relate to the E&A-MES areas; preparation of the procurement documents, contract services, vendor documents, specifications, training requirements, technical support, etc.
• Review and validate project completion and compliance with E&A-MES standards and requirements.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent, preferably electrical engineering.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in the field of electricity and Automation in a manufacturing facility.
• In-depth knowledge of Electricity, automation, instrumentation, industrial networks, low voltage systems, medium voltage and high voltage installations.
• Good knowledge of local electrical codes and standards
• Good knowledge of Instrumentation and Process Control Systems.
• Strong knowledge of automation systems and equipment (HMIs, PLCs, etc.).
• Knowledge of food processing operations and technology.
• Knowledge on MES (Manufacturing Execution System).
• Knowledge on manufacturing IT, industrial networks and applications
• Good knowledge of electrical safety
• Knowledge of food safety, regulatory requirements for food safety preferred
• Experience in managing/direct supervision of technical teams
• Analytical skills in Problem Solving, specifically, understanding of PLC logic including
o Read/Modify/Write PLC programs with Rockwell Studio 5000/RSLogix 5000
o Read/Modify/Write HMI program interface with Rockwell platforms
o Capability to play a support role in asset E&A troubleshooting
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong conflict resolution skills
• Strong managerial, leadership and technical skills
• Ability to think conceptually and deal with ambiguity with a strong innovation mindset
• Proactive problem solving ability. Ability to think objectively through various options and scenarios
• Ability to adapt quickly to changes
• Technical Project Management
• TPM: AM, EM, and /or PM Pillar experience
• Knowledge of lean and hygienic engineering design preferred.
• Knowledge of food safety, regulatory requirements for food safety, and equipment preferred
• Communication and Networking
• CAPEX budgeting and preparation
• Understanding of base financial business drivers such as internal rate of return, net present value, ROIC, etc…
• MS Office/MS Project
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.