Food people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. We’re in 97% of American homes, and as the leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our goal is to continue to provide more nutritious foods, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact. Joining Nestlé means you can make an impact on an enormous scale.
Let’s challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. We need to grow as a company and bring an intensity to our work that puts our competitors on notice. We must work as one team under one Nestlé brand, leading innovation across the organization, and empowering our employees to succeed in the workplace and beyond. We’ll win – and we’ll do it the right way.
If you’re ready to take the next step toward advancing your career, discover how Nestlé is transforming beyond confections and embracing our entrepreneurial culture & redefining our ways of winning. Are you ready to make your impact?
As the Manager of Costing, you would be a trusted co-pilot within the Factory Leadership Team (vision, organization, practices, initiatives/projects) on a day to day basis as well as for long term strategic planning. You will provide financial leadership by supplying plant and corporate management accurate and timely financial data, as well as analysis and recommended actions to identify and correct inefficient operations resulting in lower operating costs. You must ensure sound costing in adherence to financial legal requirements and company/site accounting practices. You will develop team of direct reports as co-pilots to Local Committees, driving cost out of the factory using Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE) and Lean tools.
* Challenge assumptions in seeking cost improvements in factory. Seek for and support cost improvement opportunities, be an active contributor to improvement projects and initiatives validate and review proposed savings. Partner with Engineering to manage costs and review capital proposals.
* Compile reporting of actuals (including organizing and overseeing timeliness and accuracy of period-end close, and promoting ownership of data at source); and dynamic forecasts for the factory; ensure transparency of this process; follow up and monitoring of progress to close gaps, ensuring Nestle financial policies, Accounting Standards and Costing Standards are followed
* Participate in business planning; prepare and coordinate the factory budget with factory management; Perform revisions or simulations if needed. Work with team members to develop new product costing in accordance with costing standards.
* Coach and develop the cost specialist personnel as individuals and as a team, including career and succession planning using TPMS tools.
* Ensure full transparency of costs and financial impact to the organization of major or strategic decisions relating to the factory
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
* B.S. Degree in accounting, or other finance degree or equivalent.
* 3 or more years’ of experience in a manufacturing facility
* 1 or more years’ of direct supervisory, management, and leadership experience
* Ability to communicate to all audiences within the organization.
* Leadership experience with direct and indirect reporting relationships.
* Accomplished planning skills resulting in driving results to improve financial performance.
* Proven aptitude with financial systems, cost accounting and cost modeling.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.