Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the city that transforms.
History is in the making; Nestlé USA is opening its new North American Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, directly across
from Washington, D.C. As a part of this extraordinary transformation, you have the opportunity to help build and define
the Nestlé USA of today, and tomorrow.
Our new home in Arlington offers close proximity to world class restaurants, shopping, and museums. It is also home to
renowned national landmarks such as the Pentagon.
Nestlé USA is transforming what we do, how we do it, and where we work. Now is the time to define your future, and ours,
too. Find your fulfilling personal and professional life, matched with our competitive benefits, focus on innovation and
limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career.
Discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Giving back continues to be a
part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about
nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you. Position Summary
Statistical modeling analysts work within Supply Chain to develop statistical forecasting models and reporting in enterprise
forecasting related systems to improve forecast accuracy and bias reduction. Demand signal data will be incorporated
into forecast reporting and utilized for statistical modeling. As a statistical modeling analyst, you will participate in
forecasting model and business process design under the guidance of senior team members.
Participate in the design, development, testing and implementation of statistical forecast models to support the demand
planning process. Build standard reports for trend analysis and exception management. Develop programming for
demand pattern recognition, algorithm selection, outlier correction, and parameter optimization.
Lead periodic statistical forecast review sessions with Demand Planners to address statistical modeling issues and
incorporate business domain knowledge provided by the Demand Planners. Work closely with senior team members to
align statistical forecast models and processing with business requirements.
Participate in demand signal data reporting and analysis development projects providing statistical modeling support and
expertise. Project activities will require strong collaboration with business users and other project team members.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• A graduate degree or equivalent professional experience in statistics, mathematics, economics, business or related
discipline is required.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• Minimum 2 years of demonstrated business forecasting / analysis is required.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in SAS HPF code development and/or R modeling
• Minimum 1 year of experience manipulating and analyzing complex, high volume, highly dimensional data from varying
• Strong knowledge of statistical methods, analytical and data mining techniques.
• Must be able to analyze data to determine business implications and make actionable recommendations.
• Broad and in-depth knowledge of current statistical forecasting and data mining techniques.
• Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to complex problems that may not
have one clear answer
• Ability to communicate effectively through oral presentations and written reports
• Good interpersonal skills
• Candidates with experience in consumer products or retail sales forecasting experience are preferred
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.