Founded in 1978 on a mission to make delicious, healthy, sustainable foods. At Sweet Earth, we nourish lives by making smart food choices that honor & sustain the land, cultivate a curious mind & plate, and sustain a healthy body. Come join our growing family, make work meaningful and important with us!
As an HR Generalist with Sweet Earth, you will play an important role at our unique site and will help devise, coordinate and execute HR, safety, and health programs. You will be responsible for day-to-day administration of policies and programs covering several or all of the following: Accountable for providing HR support to all salaried and hourly staff, recruiting, compensation, benefits, training, employee and labor relations, personnel research, and legal compliance. Also, you will be a key resource by providing proactive interactions with employees to ensure a culture of caring and where each employee is accountable and responsible for Safety and Health conditions and behaviors.
• Coordinate, facilitate, and audit HR processes including E-Verify, Leave Of Absence’s (LOA), new hire and termination paperwork, and exit interviews.
• Execute workforce-planning processes for the organization such as recruitment, talent development, succession planning, recognition programs and realignments/restructures/integrations.
• Ensure the culture & working environment is open, empowering, fair and equitable.
• Organize and implement training/development programs that meet the goals and objectives of the team/individual.
• Define Candidate profiles to ensure the right talent is selected to align with business requirements.
• Ensure pay for performance philosophy and maintenance of equitable compensation of employees’ based on incumbent and market data.
• Provide counsel and guidance to Leadership on all people management and development issues.
• Establish and maintain effective “win – win” working relationships with and between managers and hourly employees.
• Promote and foster an environment of open communication and honest candid feedback. Handle investigation when required.
• Process all “Employee Action Forms” in a timely and accurate manner.
• Serve as main point-of-contact for all employees requesting leave information.
• Provide support for New Hire Orientation to include employee benefits support.
• Respond to routine inquiries: benefits, HR/corporate policies and procedures, and provide the appropriate resources to address the issues in question.
• Provide administrative assistance to HR manager including answering phone calls, create factory wide communication memos, maintaining department files, and scheduling meetings.
• Assists the HR Manager by taking the lead with the Worker’s Compensation management and return to work program.
• Other duties as assigned by the Human Resources Manager or Plant Manager.
Safety and Health:
• Fosters/develops a culture where safety and health are ingrained as core value with all employees.
• Interacts with co-workers to prevent at risk behaviors.
• Drives implementation of Safety & Health best in class programs, systems and processes, including training and coaching to establish clear procedures on measures, precautions, and training programs.
• Ensures thorough investigation of all incidents, in coordination with Safety and Health Site leadership. Provide expertise and participate to all incident investigations as conducted by Site Leadership.
• Partners with other key functions within Sweet Earth on initiatives including Quality, Operations, etc. to deliver on goals and plans.
Direct report of the Human Resources Manager on-site at Sweet Earth.
No direct reports to the HR Generalist position, however this person provides direct leadership, guidance and coaching to the site staff and is responsible to help develop the capabilities of the overall leadership team.
Must have financial knowledge for analysis of compensation/salary/incentive issues and financial impact relating to prevention of injuries, related cost and overall worker’s compensation cost. This key contributor has an overall input on the site culture and morale, contributing to the effectiveness of the overall workforce.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in HR or environmental and/or safety discipline or related field.
• 1-3 years’ experience in HR Representative or HR Generalist or Safety role in a Manufacturing Plant, Distribution Center or DSD environment.
• Change management experience – implementation of an HR related change management project within a non-corporate setting. (i.e. such as implementing the new service or benefit concept to employees)
• Must have knowledge of HR laws and applications. In addition, experience in recruitment, employee relations, and employee communications for hourly production and temporary workforce.
• Experience managing OSHA and Workers Compensation programs, claims, and reporting.
• Bi or Multi-lingual communication skills strongly preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively with Spanish speaking applicants and employees strongly preferred.
• Strong analytical, organizational, communication and computer skills required.
• Excellent interpersonal interactions and experiences in a similar work environment preferred.
• Ability to build teams throughout all levels and functions of the Site with respect, tact and win-win outcomes.
• Decision-making; must be capable of making well-informed decisions in both routine and emergency situations.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are required along with the ability able to communicate with audiences that have a broad range of background and understanding.
• Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; ability to analyze data
• Training & presentation skills.
• Must demonstrate good insight and ability to develop mutual solutions to challenges.
• Able to work and lead in a team environment; live the Nestlé Leadership Principles and bring it to life for others.
• Technical writing skills (policies, procedures, reference manuals, and training materials)
• Must be very proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and an HIRS system (such as SAP)
• Reading and comprehension skills/legal & regulatory interpretation
• Initiative to lead continuous improvement and business integration efforts.
#LI-DB1The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.