< Back to Search Results
Ice Cream Maker I – 2019 Hiring Blitz Event (1st Quarter)
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Location: Laurel, MD
Job ID: 19000178
MAJOR DUTIES,RESPONSIBILITIES and EXPECTATIONS:
- Must be able to pack, box frozen desserts, operate a wrapper, case packer, cartoner, bundler, shrink wrapper, check weigher, scanner, x-ray, tape machine, metal detector, ink jet coder, Pester, Langen, and perform quality checks on the line.
- Demonstrate that you can perform the essential job functions of ICM 1 proficiently.
- Keep work area safe, clean and orderly at all times.
- Be “Inspection Ready” and in GMP Compliance at all times
- Know where the emergency stops are located on the line.
- Know the emergency evacuation route and where to assemble
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and initiative within the team to accomplish goals.
- Participate in committees, improvement teams, and operational meetings
- Ability to problem solve through use of Go-See-Think-Do and DMAIC projects as assigned
- Demonstrate and know how to calculate ingredient and packaging usage.
- Ensure products meet all quality standards.
- Know how to efficiently pack bars/cones and other frozen dairy products as assigned.
- Ensure all checks are performed and documented as required. Metal detector, Check Weigher, code, vision system, scanners, and on line sensory.
- Perform appropriate pre-flight checks
- Assist with disassembly and reassembly of equipment.
- Execute COP functions safely and effectively.
- Must be able to follow a recipe and formulas.
- Waste Room: Keep room environmentally clean and micro free. Empty waste, load pails/drums on trailer, pump out liquid waste into totes/tanker. Wash trash cans, pallets, drums and maintain a clean environment. Clean drains as assigned and document.
- Follow,monitor and understand all GMP/HACCP/QMS and product safety regulations.
- Keep waste to a minimum.
- Swipe in and out on time. Be at your work area as scheduled. Do not be late for Pre/Post shift meetings.
- Always yell clear before starting equipment. Visually inspect area and or wait for response “clear” back
- Stay focused at all times! Make timely decisions. Find root cause and solution to problems.
- Communicate with team. Keep them informed of any issues.
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- Train others as assigned
- Must be able to read and write legibly in English and demonstrate good interpersonal, communication, math and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work weekends, overtime, Holidays
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.