Nestlé and Starbucks are bringing together the world’s most iconic coffee brands. Starbucks’ robust product portfolio celebrates coffee with rich tradition – customer experience is paramount. Coupled with Nestlé’s mission to enhance the quality of consumers’ lives and contributing to a healthier future, this strategic alliance will create career opportunities that will drive innovation and go-to-market strategies, bringing the best coffee to customers around the world.
It has never been a more exciting time to join (Nestlé Starbucks).
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
– Manages the product line business against operating plans and budgets. Tracks, analyzes and communicates product and program performance vs. expectations. Provides meaningful insight and recommends action plans to address variances in performance against annual plan.
– Manages cross functional team to deliver integrated launch programs for products, including product direction, marketing plans and store operations and supply chain requirements. Communicates product direction to internal and external partners.
– Develops and manages product line business plans. Creates and presents the business case for new programs to support growth strategies and profitability targets. Makes recommendations regarding product objectives and strategy, positioning, pricing, packaging, and product lifecycle. May provide information and direction for planning, forecasting and managing inventories.
– Supports qualitative and quantitative research to develop key findings and recommended actions (e.g. develops proforma models and runs sensitivities).
– Merges trends and other primary and secondary forms of research with fact based business insights to arrive at sound strategic recommendations. Uses data to tell a logical story.
– Manages project teams and timelines to deliver products and programs. May work with cross-functional partners to ensure the best available costs, terms and quality.
– Provides input into the strategic plan for product(s) they manage.
Marketing & Promotions:
– Develops and manages multi-channel, integrated marketing plans for promotions, brand initiatives, or product. Creates and presents the business case for new programs to support growth strategies and profitability targets. Creates and/or provides input to recommendations regarding marketing plan objectives, strategy, messaging, marketing mix, and tactics.
– Develops, manages, and tracks marketing budgets, timelines, and processes from kickoff to execution. Establishes and maintains processes to ensure effective and timely development and execution of programs within defined budget constraints.
– Provides input to consumer positioning, creative brief development, and supports all-agency creative briefing. Evaluates creative concepts and effectively provides creative feedback to internal and external agencies.
– Identifies and quantifies specific product drivers in support of marketing calendar strategies.
– Leads cross-functional and/or cross-channel teams to develop new products and product-related marketing opportunities, from concept to commercialization.
– Manages project teams and timelines to deliver products and programs. Strong leadership of cross-functional partners required to ensure successful launch of innovations.
– Contributes to the innovation strategy reflecting competitive and consumer trends and market needs.
– May assist in the creation of and maintenance of platform/product positioning and guardrails ensuring relevancy across regions and channels.
Monitors the marketplace for new product innovations, competitors, lifestyle trends and emerging technologies.