Maintenance Technician – Utilities is primarily responsible for the proper and safe operation and maintenance of all plant utilities for both W. 25th and Brecksville facilities. This includes the ammonia refrigeration, steam, hot water, glycol, HVAC and fire protection systems, compressed air, plus any building maintenance. In addition, the utilities technician also participates in packaging and production maintenance in critical situations as needed. This position supports Utilities, and Maintenance as required and requires the associate to be on call 24/7 and fill in for vacations/ absences where applicable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Operate and maintain ammonia/ CO2 refrigeration system at W. 25th Street and Brecksville plants.
2. Operate and maintain steam and hot water boiler systems.
3. Operate and maintain hot water heating systems at W. 25th Street and Brecksville plants.
4. Operate and maintain glycol systems at W. 25th Street and Brecksville plants.
5. Operate and maintain HVAC systems at W. 25th Street and Brecksville plants.
6. Maintain fire protection system Brecksville plant.
7. Maintain compressed air systems at W. 25th Street.
8. Maintain safety systems at W. 25th Street and Brecksville plants.
9. Work with contractors as needed.
10. Maintain entire Brecksville facility including towmotors, lift trucks, etc.
11. Accurately complete all required documentation and system transactions as required by all Governmental regulatory agencies and Nestle internal policies.
12. Maintain quality control per company guidelines.
13. Perform all job duties in accordance with the company’s safety guidelines.
14. Perform job rotations during scheduled workday depending on production needs.
15. Dispose of trash and clean work area thoroughly.
16. Work any assignment as directed by supervisor.
17. Work overtime as assigned by supervisor.
18. Assure regular and timely attendance per company guidelines.
19. Participate in on-going training to enhance knowledge and skills .
20. Other duties as assigned.
21. Perform maintenance and repair to HVAC and industrial NH3 refrigeration systems.
22. Troubleshooting and repair of all refrigeration components including valves, pumps, electrical controls, compressors etc. that make up a refrigeration system.
23. Formal training and participation in the OSHA PSM/ RMP and HAZMAT programs is preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at or above the performance standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school education, GED, RETA, CIRO certification preferred. Completion of the Nestlé Refrigeration training Matrix is required within the first two years in this role.
Ability to read and comprehend simple to more complex instructions, formulas, policies and procedures. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units weight measurement, volume and distance.
Good computer knowledge. Ability to comprehend internal inventory system and input data accurately.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must pass physical capacity evaluation examination. Additional specialized training shall be provided in the form of NH3 certification classes to meet the standards of the PSM program. RETA CIRO certification within a two year time frame is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to climb ladders or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee will frequently push or pull pallets, bins, lugs or cylinders.
The employee must constantly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and food fumes or airborne food particles. The employee is frequently exposed to wet conditions and occasionally exposed to high places, and temperature extremes. Employee also has exposure to chemicals from the water treatment of our water towers/boilers (sulfur candles). The noise level in their work environment is usually loud. The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.