Nestlé and Starbucks are bringing together the world’s most iconic coffee brands. Starbucks’ robust product portfolio celebrates coffee with rich tradition – customer experience is paramount. Coupled with Nestlé’s mission to enhance the quality of consumers’ lives and contributing to a healthier future, this strategic alliance will create career opportunities that will drive innovation and go-to-market strategies, bringing the best coffee to customers around the world.
It has never been a more exciting time to join (Nestlé Starbucks).
Teavana is breaking new ground, exciting millennials with flavorful, modern tea blends. As Nestle Starbucks’ tea brand, Teavana has an amazing opportunity to extend its reach into the home, across myriad product formats.
This job contributes to Teavana’s success by leading the product development process for Packaged tea – including premium sachets, filter bags, and concentrates. This innovation will delight consumers with and array of vibrant teas for any tea occasion, and enable key strategic priorities for the business.
Successful candidates must be naturally curious, have a passion for the consumer experience, and a proven track record of driving cross-functional teams forward.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
– Lead the development of new products and product-related marketing opportunities, from concept to commercialization.
– Manage project teams and timelines to deliver products and programs. Strong leadership of cross-functional partners required to ensure successful launch
– Assist in defining strategy reflecting competitive and consumer trends and market needs
– Strong collaboration across channels required to gain a deep understanding of their market needs from a consumer and business standpoint
– Create and/or manage the innovation funnel/roadmap for platforms that deliver against the objectives and strategies
– Assist with capacity, sourcing, and cost reduction opportunities with SCO to ensure consistent supply
– Initiate or execute business analyses (financial, consumption or customer) to influence strategic plans and ongoing new product development.
– Develop and manage innovation projects by assessing business opportunities and supporting the development of strategic product plans on a 2-5-year horizon that integrate into enterprise priorities. Make recommendations regarding product objectives and strategy, positioning, pricing, and marketing support.
– Contribute to developing learning plans, analyze output and apply output to projects, driving insights to action.
Marketing & Promotions:
– Support cross-functional team to develop integrated launch programs or marketing promotions, from briefing to final in-market execution
– Draw learnings and optimize target audience and/or messaging
– Support development of product positioning and studio briefs and ensure marketing message consistency and adherence to brand guardrails across retail channels
We’d love to hear from people with:
– Progressive experience in brand management, 2-5 years
– Project leadership in a cross-functional environment, 3-5 years
– Progressive experience leading the development and implementation of new or existing products or strategies
– Bachelors degree or 4 or more years of US military experience
– MBA preferred
– Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
– Must be able to work in a matrix environment, able to collaborate cross functionally
– Functions effectively with ambiguity, and unconventional business models
– Strong organization and planning skills
– Strong presentation skills
– Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
– Ability to influence others
– Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
– Strong analytical and technical skills; comfortable with syndicated data
– Strong cross-functional and team leadership
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
– Strong problem-solving abilities
– Annual Sales $10-100MM+
– Partners Directly Managed 0-1
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.