Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
At Nestlé , we provide high-quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we embrace leadership, make important contributions, and support each other's professional development. Join the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life.
With limited supervision, this role performs functions within Supply Chain Operations. This Sr. Coordinator Inbound/Outbound aka Work Flow Coordinator will perform inventory management tasks, inbound (IB)/outbound (OB) analysis and provide ongoing support with SWOP/EWM and as a subject matter expert (SME) through SAP processing. They will be responsible for managing and distributing work to execute an even freight flow from picking, loading, and receiving to meet our critical time goals and all customer orders are completed daily. The Work Flow Coordinator will need to effectively pull correct resources to fix issues. There is also a common component of small project execution and active participation and leadership in continuous improvement at the distribution center. This is a self-starting role with many interactions with the frontline team and the sites leadership team.
Responsible for all day-to-day warehouse activities including, but not limited to:
• Coordinating daily operations in the form of assigning the workload through SWOP/SAP EWM Warehouse Management System for all inventory, IB and OB functions (i.e., Picking, Loading, and Receiving). All workload will be handed out by scheduled appointment and priority.
• Utilizing yard management system PINC/SWOP, to arrange trailer moves to and from the dock. Aligning trailers to appropriate door for shipping/receiving.
• Perform periodic audits on but not limited to PINC, bill of lading /BOL, ICC and Quality. Assure compliance when filing BOL’s at end of shift/day.
• Communicating vertically and laterally on all matters to the daily workload will be important for daily attainment of business objective in both verbal and written form as required.
• Resolution of flow issue(s) and problems raised by frontline employees are effectively and timely addressed to ensure continuation of facility operations and downtime is minimized.
• Compiling daily reports on workload status and past due carriers for outbound appointments.
• Ensuring flow procedures are followed appropriately by frontline employees, internal and external sources
• Support operational initiatives and various projects that lead to decisions/strategies (i.e., People, Quality, Service, Leading towards lowering total delivered costs, and NCE).
• Support facility and department guidelines, processes and SOPs balancing both business needs and frontline employee needs.
• Attend all mandatory training sessions held throughout the year.
• Support inventory control (i.e., IB/OB, Order Maintenance, General Questions, FIFO, etc.)
• Support of fill rate (i.e., order packet management, pending/hold management, pre-pick) to ship 100% to the customer.
• Ensure site security by answering front gate calls after hours
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Work Flow Coordinator
Work Flow Coordinator reports directly to the DC Warehouse Supervisors (pending shift)
Foster an atmosphere of open communication and teamwork between departments and shifts in the spirit of the Nestle Management Leadership principles. Encourage responsible risk taking to ensure that the operation is constantly improving in order to provide a competitive advantage to the business.
Affects all facility operations and budgets.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• High school diploma is required.
• Associates Degree or high education is preferred and/or equivalent experience.
• Experience in Logistics Operations environment preferred.
• Experience working with labor planning and assets (i.e., forklifts, sit-downs, etc.).
• Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (EWM) and SAP is preferred.
• Experience training and mentoring peers.
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Able to use systems technology and software applications (i.e., Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.).
• Able to communicate clearly via phone, email.
• Must exhibit a high degree of urgency and commitment to resolve transaction errors, and do so with minimal supervision.
• Able to train and mentor peers in a fast past environment.
• Able to manage and deal with constant ongoing system and process changes.
• High degree of attention to detail and consistency.
• Able to meet deadlines and production requirements.
• Must poses strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to problem solve and make routine decisions quickly.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.