Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will provide analysis, evaluations, and recommendations to the US OPCOs to improve the ability to pay for performance, ensure competitive market pricing, and ensure compliance with Gender and Equity pay targets by building and providing training and communications for the Customer Facing Compensation Team (CFCT) to drive in their OPCOs. Assists the Sr Manager Compensation in designing communication and trainings for HRBPs and Managers. Ensure the calendar of Compensation programs are communicated to ensure compensation is driving engagement, competitiveness, cost-effectiveness, best practice, and/or abide by legal regulations.
Market Pricing and Salary Administration
• Responsible for performing or reviewing compensation benchmarking/market-pricing for specific Customer Facing jobs (ie. Executive Levels, Key Specializations). This will include job matching, reviewing job evaluations (MAGS), preparing ad-hoc surveys, and analyzing survey results.
• Review executive jobs using the MaGS (IPE3 MERCER) process and submit to Vevey for approval using the ReD tool. Ensure MaGS and position leveling is objective by working with the HR Leaders and Sr Manager Compensation. Prepare meeting for Sr Mgr to meet with Senior HR annually to review E level and above to validate for ReD.
• Review reports from Core team on Executive Compensation Review process to ensure the right population is included for Zone and Globally Managed Business approval.
• Present new jobs to the NiM Compensation team complete with Job Description, Market Pricing and MaGS evaluation to get approval to add to the NiM Local Job Code.
Compensation Training and Annual Processes
• Develop key compensation initiatives based on client needs:
• Pay for Performance – Train People Leaders on the importance of differentiating pay based on historical data vs. future goals.
• Market Competitiveness – Review the OPCOs competitiveness and implement changes to deliver on the Compensation goals to reward performance and retain high talent.
• Annual Salary Increases: Train end-users on tools and process; communicate guidelines and instructions for the annual process based on NiM Guidelines.
• Short Term Bonus: Responsible for ensuring the STB programs are aligned with the Management Bonus Plans in the non-sales, factory, etc. Provide consultative services to the businesses to design and evaluate performance of sales plans.
• Sign-off and KPIs: for bonus and merit, provide summaries and after action reviews with the HRBPs to understand where we can improve in communication, guidelines, etc. Annual processes (i.e. merit summary, apex summary, etc.).
Compensation Audit, Job Descriptions, and Data Updates
• Assist the Senior Manager in drafting communication materials to educate HR generalists, employees, and managers about company pay philosophy and compensation programs.
• Assist the Senior Manager or SHR member during internal audits by pulling information from the SAP system.
• Develop audit and data quality checks to ensure HR are using the Local Job Codes for the businesses supported.
• Develop Salary Increase, Short Term Bonus, and Executive Increase audit processes to ensure we have proper sign off for each Operating Company supported.
Client Facing Compensation Projects
• Provide compensation analysis and support to make sure OPCO/Client is competitive and provide solutions based on annual review.
• Create analysis and reporting for sales groups to measure effectiveness of sales plans
• Develop reporting for executive compensation to review competitiveness to review at Quarterly Executive Compensation Committee meetings with each OPCO.
• Participate in Customer Facing projects to drive improvements and synergies.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Position receives supervision from the Senior Manager of Compensation. Incumbent must be able to develop projects and work on their own to ensure the work is completed. In addition, the incumbent must be able to work as a Team Leader and Team Member during different Compensation Projects.
SUPERVISION GIVEN: none
FINANCIAL/STRATEGIC IMPACT: na
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL: Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business administration or a related field. The successful candidate's professional experience should demonstrate application of skills at the level of an advanced analyst.
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years’ experience in HR preferably in compensation administration.
SKILLS: A high level of demonstrated analytical skills in order to analyze, relate, interpret job duties and responsibilities, to include pricing against external benchmarks of an occupationally diverse organization. A high level of interpersonal and oral and written communications skills to effectively advise, make constructive recommendations in the resolution of pay-related issues and provide information. This position requires strong PowerPoint skills to prepare Executive Compensation Committee presentations. Also, this position works with large Excel Spreadsheets and requires advanced Word and PowerPoint skills to develop many of the communications. The position requires a high attention to detail and confidentiality as well as the ability to develop credibility.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.