Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other! At Nestlé USA, we are committed to providing high quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we are empowered to make meaningful contributions that positively impact our families, communities, and planet. With our portfolio of global brands, the opportunities to innovate and grow are limitless. As the world’s leading food and beverage company, our focus is not only about delighting our customers, it’s about enriching you!
This role provides the right individual the opportunity to manage and influence the Sales and Trade plan for the Bakery Sweets Division. This role acts as the financial liaison between NSO (Nestle Sales Organization) and the Division finance teams. Lead functional expert of trade in the MBP (Monthly Business Planning) process and CCS. The position interacts with multiple functional areas including sales, field sales finance, marketing, demand planning and corporate finance to meet requirements and drive results. The successful individual will have a strong finance and/or accounting background, superior communication and people skills, the ability to learn quickly, a solid understanding of Nestlé (or CPG business) and the ability to deliver high performance work both within a team and independently. The Key Performance indicators are sales volume, real internal growth, organic growth, trade, and Sales Contribution. The key quality indicators are trade management, forecasting and customer service.
- Trade Fund Management
- Lead monthly business review meetings between Sales Finance and CD, to review Sales and Trade forecast and identify major issues. Follow-up on resolution and next steps
- Develop Goals (planned, preliminary, revised) with CD by Customer and Region level by Category
- Complete monthly and annual calendarized trade forecasting for the MBP/DF process by division and category. Provide Trade forecast details and variance analysis to the division co-pilots for monthly dynamic forecast.
- Lead the incremental program review process in the MBP meetings. Complete detailed financial analysis of all programs monthly and provide recommendations to division.
- Work closely with Strategic Pricing and Promo team on Post Promotional Analysis and collaborate with CAMs/CD to drive promotional profitability improvement.
- Provide ongoing training and leadership on financial issues for areas of responsibility. Attend team meetings and make presentations to team.
- Support monthly and year-end close trade fund requirements
- Trade fund management/ set-up
- Participate in trade promotional reviews, and provide insights on trade strategy changes back to the MBP/DF process
- Provide OSPREY support and analysis as needed
- Work closely with sales teams on day-to-day business issues
- Annual Planning
- Participate in annual and mid-year planning. Support the Trade Spend Efficiency review of the plan roll-ups
- Actively participate in the Integrated Commercial Planning (ICP) process by working with Marketing, CD, Sales and Demand Planning to identify trade risks and opportunities
- Financial Close
- Perform monthly financial business close duties and analysis
- Perform annual year end close and analysis
- Support internal and external audit requirements
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- College Degree required, Bachelor in Accounting/Finance
- 5-7 years of accounting/finance experience
- Position will be located in the Arlington, VA Nestle Corporate Office
- 5-7 years finance management experience with a CPG company perferred
- Previous experience with trade fund management a plus
- Division co-piloting
- Field Sales Finance
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical problem solving skills
- Superior execution skills in a changing environment and ability to multi-task
- Good with numbers and data, but critically important to be able to deliver the message to non-finance professionals
- Excellent inter-personal communication (both oral and written); negotiation skills a plus
- Proven ability to not only deliver, but drive excellent work in a team and matrix organization
- Self-starter – Shows initiative and quickly learns the specifics of the customer and sales finance
- Critical Thinking, Curiosity
- Ability to drive change
- Strong Business acumen
- Understanding of Nestle business groupings (Divisions, Products, Nestle in the Market, etc.)
- Understanding of Nestle P&L and financial procedures
- Understanding of Customer Profitability concepts and the use of customer P&Ls to drive business decisions.
- Strong Excel and data management skills
- OSPREY knowledge a plus but can be learned
- SAP/GLOBE (including BW)
- Hyperion Essbase/ SmartView
- Presentation skills (PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.