Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
Nestlé's Finance function delivers value above and beyond just financial reporting and analysis. Our role as strategic business partners is to drive decision-making, translate insights into meaningful actions, and enable great ideas to come to life. As part of a global organization with a long-standing legacy, there is no shortage of opportunities to directly impact our consumers. We're committed to seeing a vision and helping the business achieve its potential by providing knowledge, expertise, and stewardship that transcends the traditional scope of finance roles. A healthy appetite for growth and learning is essential to our success; our tight-knit community embraces a mindset of continuous improvement to deepen our understanding of the business and drive real performance. As a member of our team, you will support some of the world's most well-known brands, and embark on a career journey that enriches and accelerates your development
This position is responsible for reporting and analyzing the consolidated financial results of US16 (NUSA, Nestlé Nutrition, and Nestlé Professional) to local management and Nestlé Group Management and providing support on financial reporting requirements to internal customers. The Strategic Financial Analyst will work with cross-functional teams throughout the organization to ensure accurate and timely delivery of requirements and consistent use of Nestlé reporting policies and systems.
- Analyzes and reports US16 consolidated financial results (monthly, quarterly, and annual). Users include local management and Nestlé Group management. Works closely with the operating divisions and corporate functional groups, and business contacts at the worldwide headquarters.
- Conducts quarterly Balance Sheet reviews including analytical review and enquiries with management to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with Nestle Accounting Standards.
- Assists with projects relating to financial reporting/accounting operations initiatives, as assigned, such as working capital analysis, impairment testing, and integration of acquisitions and/or disposals of businesses.
- Provides Magnitude financial reporting support and guidance to Nestlé USA, Nestle Professional, Nestlé Nutrition, and others, as required.
- Gathers and interprets financial information effectively and forms data into meaningful and concise analyses while considering a broad range of interdependent issues.
- Responds to inquiries from various functional areas as needed and prepares and assists in the preparation of required reports for management.
- Provides and supports information requests related to the interim and year-end consolidated financial statements of Nestlé Holdings, Inc. including preparation of financial statement footnotes.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities using Nestlé Continuous Excellence methodology such as performing walkthroughs of a particular reporting process, identifying areas for improvement and implementing the change through automation or transferring the process to a shared service center.
- All other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with major in Accounting, CPA or equivalent designation desirable
- External/Internal Audit and Internal Controls experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Accounting/Finance
- Solid understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (US GAAP); International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) a plus
- Strong communication skills; both written and oral
- SAP system experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical aptitude with a proven ability to analyze/interpret data, including financial statements
- Well-organized, methodical thinker with excellent decision-making skills
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a team based environment, and interact cooperatively with internal and external customers
- Strong result-orientation
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.