This position is responsible for reporting and analyzing the consolidated financial results of US16 (NUSA, Nestlé Nutrition, and Nestlé Professional) to local management and Nestlé Group Management and providing support on financial reporting requirements to internal customers. The Sr. Financial Analyst will work with cross-functional teams throughout the organization to ensure accurate and timely delivery of requirements and consistent use of Nestlé reporting policies and systems.
- Analyzes and reports US16 consolidated financial results (monthly, quarterly, and annual). Users include local management and Nestlé Group management. Works closely with the operating divisions and corporate functional groups, and business contacts at the worldwide headquarters.
- Conducts quarterly Balance Sheet reviews including analytical review and enquiries with management to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with Nestle Accounting Standards.
- Leads and manages projects relating to financial reporting/accounting operations initiatives, as assigned, such as working capital analysis, impairment testing, and integration of acquisitions and/or disposals of businesses.
- Provides Magnitude financial reporting support and guidance to Nestlé USA, Nestle Professional, Nestlé Nutrition, and others, as required.
- Gathers and interprets financial information effectively and forms data into meaningful and concise analyses while considering a broad range of interdependent issues.
- Responds to inquiries from various functional areas as needed and prepares and assists in the preparation of required reports for management.
- Provides and supports information requests related to the interim and year-end consolidated financial statements of Nestlé Holdings, Inc. including preparation of financial statement footnotes.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities using Nestlé Continuous Excellence methodology such as performing walkthroughs of a particular reporting process, identifying areas for improvement and implementing the change through automation or transferring the process to a shared service center.
- All other duties as assigned
This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Corporate Reporting/Technical Accounting; works independently with minimum supervision.
This position does not supervise other associates, but will provide coaching and direction to team members as needed.
Qualifications – External
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with major in Accounting, CPA or equivalent designation desirable
- External/Internal Audit and Internal Controls experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Accounting/Finance
- Solid understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (US GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- SAP system experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical aptitude with a proven ability to analyze/interpret data, including financial statements
- Well-organized, methodical thinker with excellent decision-making skills
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a team-based environment, and interact cooperatively with internal and external customers
- Strong result-orientation
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.