Our Maricopa factory, located just 40 miles southwest of Bakersfield, California, uses its radiating sunshine for drying clay during our mining operations – an innovative solution which has led to substantial reductions in the energy needs for our industrial dryers. This factory is proud to feature one of North America’s most energy efficient industrial cogeneration systems, which powers nearly 82 percent of the plant’s electrical usage. For 50 years, brands like Tidy Cats® have combined the highest quality ingredients and science to even the most disposable products. Constant innovation and a safe work environment – years without a Lost Time Accident, in fact – are just a few of the reasons the average tenure for our associates is 10+ years, meaning you’ll be learning from leaders in the industry.
Most important to remember is that regardless of which factory you join, we’re all family. Your needs are our responsibility — job security, benefits, safety, and career growth. But, we leave it up to you to shape our future. Feel empowered to innovate. Share ideas. Do what’s never been done before. Dare to Stand Taller.
As the Engineering Manager, you will manage the Engineering, Environmental, Process Controls and Capital activities for the site for improved site performance. You will develop and implement Capital programs to meet site goals and objectives, will establish departmental goals and objectives and develop and implement innovative technical ideas and solutions for improved production efficiencies to reduce operating cost.
- Provide input to the Management Team during the establishment of site policies, goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and coordination of the capital budget to improve and maintain equipment and facilities.
- Responsible for plant energy costs and efficiencies. Responsible for the research and implementation of projects and programs to continually reduce energy costs and improved utilization.
- Manage the Capital project process, including Capital requests, design and implementation, utilizing site, divisional and contract resources.
- Manage the development of short and long range Engineering goals for site expansion and site improvements while maintaining a low cost, highly efficient site.
- Manage Engineering projects to meet project and site objectives.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and discipline to department personnel as needed.
Basic Qualifications (Minimum):
- BS in Engineering, Engineering Technology or related field
- 3 years’ engineering project management experience in a manufacturing, industrial, technical, military, or related environment
- 2+ years’ people leadership experience
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission–you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.