Nestlé Purina is expanding once again! Our newest facility in Eden, North Carolina is set to open in 2022. Revitalized from a former brewery, our plant will use modern production capabilities to meet increasing demand for dry pet food. This growing demand will help establish more than an estimated 300 jobs by 2024, made possible by Nestlé Purina’s $450 million investment. Designed with sustainability and safety front of mind, this facility will play a pivotal role in our global environment commitment of Zero Waste for Disposal, Caring for Water, 100 percent renewable electricity use and zero net greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. We’re thrilled to call Eden, North Carolina home to our 22nd factory in the U.S. and looking forward to serving pets and the people who love them!
Note: As our business continues to grow and as part of this role's trajectory, an ideal candidate will be open to relocation after being in Eden ~18 months to 3 years to integrate into TAG (in St. Louis), or open to other opportunity areas, including factory placement or alternate corporate positions in St. Louis.
- Identify and organize key technical standards and training documentation
- Develop new standards for new equipment/product/capability matrix
- Integrate standards and content into training programs for factory teams
- Provide training, mentoring and guidance to less experienced staff and others within the factory
- Serve as the Technical Services product resource/SPOC between Technical Services and the Factory; liaison with product specialist brand owners
- Commissioning and qualification of new and existing technologies to improve the performance of existing products and develop new products
- Support factory startup and product qualification during Commission Qualification and Verification; assist in product-oriented process troubleshooting
- Apply deep technical expertise to projects and challenges, demonstrating highly developed problem-solving skills and applying sound methodology to deliver an optimal solution.
- Proactively monitor and provide product maintenance for assigned product responsibilities requiring standardized scientific procedures
- Explore innovative application of pet food product/process possibilities based on current state-of-art in the area of food technology
- Support product formulation including appropriate ingredient, nutritional, regulatory and analytical requirements
- Act as ingredient lead for all assigned ingredients/raw material including qualification of new raw materials and suppliers
- Initiate and implement cost reduction ideas for assigned product lines and factories
*All other duties as assigned.
**Level of position determinant upon background and relevant experience.
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Extrusion/Food/Grain/Meat Science or related scientific discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in product development (food), formulation, scale-up, continuous improvement, or production
- Preferred: 5+ years’ experience in product development (food), formulation, scale-up, continuous improvement, or production
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission–you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.