Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We’re in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career, and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
At Nestlé USA, we are committed to providing high quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we are empowered to make meaningful contributions that positively impact our families, communities, and planet. With our portfolio of global brands, the opportunities to innovate and grow are limitless. As the world’s leading food and beverage company, our focus is not only about delighting our customers, it’s about enriching you!
Contact for assigned customer(s) and category(ies) in order to drive category growth and achieve annual sales and commercial spend targets. This role is deeply involved in the activation of Category Roadmaps and uses them in the development and activation of customer-specific Category Business Plans (with a category first approach) to achieve the 4P objectives. Build and maintain strong connection to CCSD to partner to bring category and shopper insights to drive category results.
Category Strategy: Product / brand category objectives
- Work with CCSD on development of customer-specific category plans anchored in the category growth drivers (category 1st mindset)
- Present and launch New Item Plan and develop initial field forecast
- Develop customer promotion plans
- Perform bottom-up build of Integrated Customer and Category Plan using appropriate NSD Planning System to create Customer Plans
Customer Strategy: Forecast accuracy, sales performance targets, meeting sales goals, segmentation / resource allocation, improving customer service
- Achieve annual sales and trade targets through effective selling and negotiation
- Continuous improvement on forecast accuracy
- Frequent customer interaction to implement the annual plan, drive execution of the plan, gain distribution on new and d-build items, activate the customer category strategies, shopper marketing, and any urgent communications such as service level issues or product quality issues
- Identify gaps between customer plan and customer feedback and propose resolutions to gaps
- Ensure achievement of agreed Customer(s) targets/Key Performance Indicators (Category growth, Sales, RIG, Customer service and in-stock levels, etc.)
Win at Retail: Improving execution
- Present Customer Category Plan and supporting Implementation Calendar to customer via joint business planning (JBP)
- Monitor and review customer category plan
- Drive execution of customer category plan
- Communicate in store issues raised by the customer/buyer to DSD ASL, in accordance with new ways of working
Right people, Right Place: Talent development
- Ensure timely and professional participation in Career Development programs
- Drive category growth and exceed high performance targets
- Drive one's own development through the adoption of capability tools
- Develop critical behaviors through robust PDP process
- Work closely with CAA (where applicable) to develop category account management skills
Integrated Approach: Cross-functional communication, adoption of New Ways of Working with the HUB & CMI
- Continual interaction and work with the Enable Hub for standardized reports, business insights, and category growth driving opportunities
- Support New Ways of Working/ collaborate with the Hub
- Drive excellence in execution through continual interaction with Nestle Retail Sales team to include work-withs.
- Collaborate with internal team members to share standard methodologies and drive Customer related initiatives
Minimum of three years, not necessarily within Nestle, working with customers, CCSD, or Broker team and over this period successfully delivered on critical metrics.
- Must understand the category, key competitors, and be willing to develop category knowledge.
- Must understand how to develop customer specific category growth strategies
- Understands all sales functions, CCDS, Customer, and Nestle Retail sales. Good knowledge of interrelationship of key functions and their key initiatives (Marketing, Sales Finance, HR, Supply Chain, Technical and Globe & IS/IT)
- Understand the interaction between sales functions, CCDS, Nestle Retail sales, Enable Hub, Customer Service, and Customer Facing Supply Chain
- Demonstrates the ability to influence people and create compelling, fact-based sales stories.
- The ability to create a customer plan that's within CAP Guidelines and assigned Trade Rates
- Knowledge of Sales Fundamentals of Pricing, Promotion, Assortment, and Merchandising.
- Knowledge of Integrated Commercial Planning process, CAP documents, and the Monthly Business Planning Process
- Knowledge of customer, the marketplace, and relevant channel and shopper trends to generate actionable ideas.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.