Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We’re in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career, and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
Job Location: Candidates can be located in Central or Southern California
Primary Responsibilities You will be supporting the Category Account Managers (CAM) in driving category growth at the customer(s) Assist CAMs in the fundamental sales processes that drive category growth and achieve annual sales and commercial spend targets. You will utilize key tools from the Enable Hub to support product, price, place and promotion (4P) objectives. Work closely with the CAM(s) in the development of category driving business plans such as new item presentations, 4P focused initiatives, and other customer presentations. Where appropriate, you will support the CAMs in ISW through accurate distribution tracking, promotion administration, forecasting, and deduction management.
Category Strategy: Product / brand category objectives
- Identify insights and specific opportunities based on analysis of category reports generated by the HUB and provide recommendations to the account team
- Partner with CMI and HUB to transform shopper insights and 4Ps analytics into action
Customer Strategy: Forecast accuracy, sales performance targets, meeting sales goals, segmentation / resource allocation, improving customer service
- Variance management: Identify and drive team awareness on key variances and metrics across forecasting to monthly & annual NPS on key product segments/categories
- Effectively lead commercial spend in ISW to achieve sales volume goals and trade spend goals, including administration, record keeping, tracking and follow-up
- Collaborate with Sales Finance Manager on financial reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Responsible for timely and effective communication of customer/category and forecast information
- For Customer presentations, develop/customize category plan based selling stories regarding assortment, new items, pricing, promotions, display/merchandising tactics, analyses and plans
- A minimum of 18 months of experience in retail sales required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- High level of independent analytical skills is strongly preferred
- Have good working knowledge of Nestle as well as channel of trade customer base in Grocery, Mass and New Business
- Successfully delivered on Key Performance Initiatives objectives in previous roles
- Demonstrates a detailed understanding of the sales fundamentals
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, strong judgement in decision-making, good problem solving skills, thinks strategically, and a customer service orientation
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, strong presentation skills
- Time Management Skills
- Takes the initiative to execute with minimal supervision
- Challenges current processes, generating innovative suggestions that improve performance even beyond own role
- Takes immediate action to resolve issues or potential issues, ensuring partners are properly communicated to about the potential impact
- Influences without authority
- Boldly finds opportunities beyond what is expected in own role
- Puts in persistent and if necessary, extra effort to accomplish goals and maintain a high level of productivity
- Knowledge of interrelationship of key functions and their key initiatives (Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, Supply Chain, Technical and Globe & IS/IT)
- Demonstrated knowledge of business driving technology solutions (i.e. Nielsen, BW, Source) and internal/external industry insights and trends
- Knowledge of core Business Processes and Fundamentals (Sales/Distribution, Customer Planning and Leading, Financial Reporting, Training, HR Policies, Integrated Commercial Planning, Management and Leadership Principles)
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.